Chevis Jackson interception, best ever?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 8, 2008.

?

Is it the best interception you have ever seen?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    76.5%
  1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

That's the best LSU INT in my mind. :thumb:

2. wpak

wpak Founding Member

My vote goes to Marcus spears in the 03 championship game. I mean come on, one handed snag away from the body, (I hope I'm remembering this right). for for pure athleticism remember he was a DE

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It was thrown right at him but it was amazing he took a couple of steps back and fooled White into thinking he was coming upfield rushing. He wasn't. And it proved costly for OU.

Great interception, no doubt. But it still doesn't compare to the difficulty of Jackson's interception (one handed, running near full speed, over the head, receiver bothering you).

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Webster's int against UGA was a great one, and he had perhaps an even better one his senior year against Moo U, where he dove and one-handed it before he could hit the ground. For significance, though (as opposed to athleticism), its tough to beat Chevis vs tOSU.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Could somebody remind us what All American Corey Webster's interception against Georgia was like? Diving catch? Ripping it out of the WR's hands? I honestly don't remember it. I looked up the game, and all I know about it so far was that there was under a minute left in the game. Georgia had the ball at the LSU 43 yard line. It was first and ten, and Georgia was down by 7. David Greene attempted a pass, and Webster intercepted it at the LSU 22 yard line, sealing the victory for LSU. To me, the memorable play for that game was Skyler Green's TD catch with 1:22 left in the game to put LSU ahead 17-10.

6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

It was very nice but not the best I've seen.. I voted no.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

About the 5:00 mark

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOHUHshwriY[/MEDIA]

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Thanks. Whoever put that video together did an awesome job. I especially like the rock n roll sound track with the "its a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll" song. Like the video showed, there were are lot of great LSU plays in that game, but nothing was as good as Skyler Green's catch. Also, that video reminded me how awesome Matt Mauck was at LSU. But at for that Corey Webster interception, that was really cool, but not as good as Chevis Jackson's INT vs. Ohio State.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The chargers INT today when the Dlineman picked of a tipped ball at the line while being blocked was pretty impressive.

Go to 2:47

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOaj2HCSWho[/MEDIA]

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Did we win?

:tigereye: