Chevis Jackson interception, best ever?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 8, 2008.

?

Is it the best interception you have ever seen?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    76.5%
  1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Troy Twillie against #5 Auburn (1995) and Cedric Donaldson vs #1 Florida (1997) were my favorite interceptions in LSU history. Those interceptions were absolutely central to LSU victory in those games. Zenon's interception in the SEC Championship would be close. I honestly don't even remember Corey Webster's interception against Georgia in 2003 or Marcus Spears' interception against Oklahoma in 2003 or Zenon's interception against Notre Dame last year. In fact, after the above posters reminded us of those interceptions, the only one I remember actually seeing was Spear's interception against Oklahoma. Had you asked me if Webster had an INT vs. Georgia in 2003 or that Zenon had an INT vs ND last year, I would have told you I had no idea.

But I have to admit that, "from a pure athletic standpoint," Jackson's interception against OSU was the most amazing I've seen with my own eyes.

Also, I'm surprised nobody mentioned Jackson's play against Brian Robiskie with just over 11 minutes left in the second quarter, when Jackson stole a TD from the Buckeyes by knocking the ball out of Robiskie's hands in the endzone. Look at the picture of how amazing it was here: http://cmsimg.enquirer.com/apps/pbc...0803&Ref=PH&Item=9&MaxH=320&MaxW=375&Border=1

That 3rd down stop by Jackson is what set up LSU's field goal block on the next play. Those two consecutive plays were a huge part of LSU's win.

Robiskie's drop gave LSU momentum for win
    http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7650672

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

It wasn't the flashiest pick but it was about as fundamentally sound as you can ever get.

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Top 5%, yes. Best ever, probably not. But a very very good one.

4. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

...as was the safety blitz that set it up.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

agreed, but certainly a more athletic interception than chevis's.

1 person likes this.
  8. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Yup...great INT. I was under the impression we were limiting our choices to LSU games, "No"???:huh:

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I am sure I have seen a better one in the last 60 years, but don't ask me to name it.