Chaz Ramsey receiving Death Threats

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Aubie16, Jan 31, 2008.

1. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

I agree. I watched the play many times. There are some on both sides of the argument who believe it was unintentional. :huh:No way was that unintentional. The offensive lineman backs up momentarily, then dives. :angry:Totally intentional. Having said that...was it in his mind to really ruin Dorsey's career? Maybe not. But, as an O-lineman, you gotta know there is a possibility. Auburn did nothing. Why...because everything flows down from their coach, who IMHO is likely to teach such things. I have always thought that about Tubby and always will. The guy has no class.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Terrence and Marion have been men's names for centuries. Both are great names.

John Wayne's real first name was Marion.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about names.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Who died and made YOU boss?

4. TomE

TomE Founding Member

Chaz and his family need to deal with it. They are rich stuck up people who are not used to being told they do wrong. Chaz had alot of problems in highschool being called out for illegal blocks that hurt opposing teams. The NCAA needs to take a stand on this and suspend players for those types of plays. Though i look forward to the punishment he will take next season at the hand of the tigers. That clip will be shown the week before the game as modivation for sure.

1 person likes this.
  5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Your information about Ramsey's play in high school is terribly off the mark ....... and even if the NCAA were to suspend players who chop, suspending Ramsey would be in error since it was plainly Ziemba that made the mistake. If you cannot see that by simply looking at the replay, then you do not understand the fundamentals of basic high school level O-line play.
    That's what makes the the death-threat scenario so absurd ....

Look, nearly all teams cut, and all teams inevitably make a mistake that leads to chop. That doesn't make what happened to Dorsey right, it's simply a statement of fact. Until the NCAA outlaws cut-blocking entirely, chop blocks will exist. And I agree, it should be banned in entirety just like in the NFL. But remember, even in the NFL, cut-blocks occur on an occasional basis - legal or not.

I cannot determine what Ziemba's intent was, any more than anyone else on this board. Everything else is subjective opinion ..... that's why I don't get bent out of shape over it. I'm just thankful Dorsey wasn't injured.

in any event, i won't comment further on it, just trying to set the record straight.

2 people like this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Most teams do not cut block, actually. Auburn has been penalized in other games for chop blocking. It doesn't have to be intentional. Cut blocking produces chop blocks as a by-product. It's a fact and a result of an offensive technique that Auburn coaches. It's not illegal, yet. That doesn't make it less deplorable.

I don't think for a moment that Ramsey intentionally was trying to injure Dorsey, but bringing Ziemba into it is a smokescreen. Ramsey had been having his ass handed to him by Dorsey and was just a frustrated freshman. Ramsey made the illegal block, our issue is with him and the blind ref who didn't call it. The AU coaches issue may be with Ziemba.

Dorsey was injured and hobbled for the rest of the regular season.

Or put a bit of reverse spin on it. :wink:

I don't know who dredged up this old thread, it should be behind all of us. Some of the folks around here shouldn't get too upset about it because these incidents happen with our players, too and will again someday soon.

1 person likes this.
  8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

'Zactly. What he (and I) said. (Wait.....I just kept it alive, didn't I....) :nope: