Chaz Ramsey receiving Death Threats

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Aubie16, Jan 31, 2008.

1. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

ofcourse it's way too far, but the article's making him sound like an innocent bystander. He should've publicly appologized and let it be known that it was an execution mistake, which he did not.

EDIT: The original article, not the advocate article by Carl.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

it wouldnt have been as bad if---

it wasnt Auburn/Tubby
    it wasnt against Dorsey
    it wasnt done by a guy that Dorsey put on his a$$ earlier
    a flag had been thrown
    they had apologized sooner
    if ziemba apologized

but, it wouldve been far worse if--

LSU lost the game
    Dorsey was out for the season/career.

death threats are stupid, and im sure quite emotional for chaz (and especially his father). but we dont live in columbia. the chances of anything happening are next to nil. especially since auburn is far from La. the most they have to worry about is some drunk coonass throwing a bottle in two years.

3. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

One thing that stands out to me is regardless of who made the initial error in blocking....Ramsey could tell BEFORE he hit him low that Dorsey was engaged high.If that cut technique is going to be taught...so be it...but the player going low needs to be aware of his block and react accordingly.Seeing a teammate making a blocking misstake by not releasing Dorsey...Ramsey could have gone high also ,essentially double teaming Dorsey.By diving at Dorsey's knee while knowing he was engaged is ,in my opinion ,Ramsey's fault.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

death threats are stupid. mr ramsay comes off as a whining bi*ch. shut up and go smoke a cigar or something.

5. LuvinLes

LuvinLes Founding Member

I don't know if this has been brought up, but where's Tubberville in all this? I know he said right after the block that AU doesn't teach it, but if this kids getting death threats and he and Dorsey are "good" then ole Tubberville needs to stand up and set the record straight.Tell us what has happened and whats been done to prevent it in the future and then tell everyone to drop it..kinnda like when Mike Gundy went off.... These are kids, 1st and foremost...death threats..threats of any nature are BS...its up to the adults (parents/coaches) to teach, protect and punish (if needed) these kids. They still have a bit of growing up and maturing to do at this stage of the game....The right from wrong compass isn't quite set

6. LuvinLes

LuvinLes Founding Member

[/QUOTE]

The referee that watched it, 2 steps from his face, SHOULD have thrown the flag:huh:

7. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

And your name is?

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Death threats are over the top, but don't give me that crap about it being accidental. They did they SAME THING to a Clemson DL in the Peach Bowl. I'm not sure if Ramsey was involved in that play or not, but it just goes to show that an acceptable blocking scheme at AU.

9. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

It does not seem like either Ramsey, father or son, has learned anything from this. Stuff like this happens in life. He looks guilty as sin. Offers no apologies and just harps on how he's the victim. I'm afraid because of how he's handled this the press will continue to highlight this play into next year because it was against a star player who could have lost millions in the NFL. That alone should wake the father up to how this could have effected Dorsey. Of course they are only focused on themselves.

10. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I can't agree with the death threats and such, but I'd laugh my arse off if Ramsey somehow gets linked to being involved in any way with his former HS QB (the Ole Miss almost signee arrested for selling roids earlier this week). I'd be willing to bet he doesn't have any connection, but it would be funny if he did.