Chaz Ramsey receiving Death Threats

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Aubie16, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

I still think death threats *might be* taking it a bit far. But the kid deserves some flack over it no doubt.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Was it b/c he chopped blocked Dorsey or b/c his name is Chaz? Still can't figure that one out.:grin:

All joking aside, I kind of feel bad for him but he can't blame everyone else for the incident and expect it to be better. Just let it die instead of dragging it through the offseason. Nothing he can do at this point.

3. clair

clair Rockets

you said what I meant to say and said it way better than I did, so there you go. :)

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I don't expect he will get much sympathy here...
    Death threats are classless but honestly, they happen a lot in sports. A lot of OSU fans were out for the guy that ran into Fisher for the penalty. Accident or not, if you want the media off your back, you need to put your ego aside and apologize publically.

5. Carl Dubois

Carl Dubois Freshman

I read this and wanted to do my part to set part of the record straight. Within 3-4 days of the game, Auburn coaches and players were saying Ziemba didn't execute the right block, and we reported that in The Advocate the Thursday after the game. That detail is in the second section of my notebook that ran in the newspaper.

I've left the top portion of the notebook connected to the section on the chop block, but if an administrator thinks it's too long, feel free to edit it out. I didn't want to post it out of context. It's possible many people read the first part and never made it to the second, and the length of the first section might have played a role in that.

Sorry there is no link. Our stories expire online after about two weeks. I took this from the original on my home computer.

LSU’s matchup against former coach Nick Saban and his Alabama Crimson Tide is more than a week away, but LSU players found themselves answering questions about Saban after practice Wednesday.
    Senior running back Jacob Hester did his best to downplay the Nov. 3 matchup, one of the most anticipated games in LSU history.
    “To me, it’s a guy that recruited me, who I played under for a year,” Hester said, “but other than that it’s just another head coach. We play a lot of teams that have former LSU coaches. Last week we played one. The week after Alabama we play one.”
    Across the field Saturday during LSU’s 30-24 victory against Auburn, former LSU defensive coordinator Will Muschamp worked hard to put together a defensive approach to try to stop his former team.
    The week after LSU plays at Alabama, former LSU assistant coach Derek Dooley and his first Louisiana Tech team will be in Tiger Stadium as LSU’s homecoming opponent.
    None of that compares to the Nov. 3 game in Tuscaloosa, Ala., where No. 3-ranked LSU (7-1) will play No. 22-ranked Alabama (6-2) in a showdown of teams tied for first place in the Southeastern Conference Western Division at 4-1.
    Early this season, regional and national reporters visited LSU as the Tigers got off to a hot start. More than one asked LSU senior defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey if he looked forward to playing against Saban and the Crimson Tide.
    “You just don’t know,” Dorsey said, smiling and shaking his head.
    Dorsey, who suffered a knee injury Saturday against Auburn, was not available to reporters after practice Wednesday. LSU coach Les Miles has yet to say definitively whether Dorsey will be ready to play against Alabama.
    Saban coached LSU for five seasons, leading the Tigers to two SEC championships and the 2003 BCS national championship.
    Miles fielded questions Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday about Saban, whose departure for the Miami Dolphins of the NFL on Christmas Day 2004 opened the door for Miles to become coach at LSU.
    Speaking to a group of fans at LSU’s recruiting bash a month after Saban accepted the job at Alabama, Miles used a colorful adjective -- he later apologized for the raw language -- in making reference to the fully recharged rivalry between the schools.
    On his radio show Wednesday, Miles denied there was any special desire to defeat Saban.
    “We will play extremely well,” Miles said. “It has nothing to do with who their coach is. They were going to get a good coach. It’s a good school.”
    Miles said there will be “guys in our team room” who think differently about the game than he does because they know Saban.
    “Not me,” Miles said. “There will be no want for him specifically by me.”
    Hester added his opinion about whether Miles is winning because he has Saban’s players on the LSU roster.
    “Heck, I consider myself a Coach Miles player,” Hester said. “I’ve played for him for three years. I only played for Coach Saban for one, so Coach Miles is my guy. I think that he’s done a great job here, and everything he’s done has been from his coaching skills, not who was here before he got here.”
    Hester said he doesn’t have any hard feelings toward Saban.
    “Coach Saban, he brought me here, so I’ve got to give credit to him for getting me here,” Hester said, “getting me in the right situation. He’s a great coach, obviously.
    “We were on good terms. I started as a freshman, so I don’t have any ill will towards him. I’d love to say something to him before the game and after the game.”
    **More Dorsey**
    Auburn offensive linemen told reporters the combination block that put Dorsey out of the game Saturday wasn’t the fault of right guard Chaz Ramsey, who hit Dorsey low while right tackle Lee Ziemba was blocking him high.
    “If anybody knows anything about our blocking schemes, it really wasn’t Chaz’s fault anyway,” center Jason Bosley said. “We were supposed to be cutting on the play.”
    The Huntsville (Ala.) Times reported Ziemba messed up his assignment, creating the circumstances that made Ramsey’s block more dangerous and, Auburn coaches later said, worthy of a penalty flag that was never thrown.
    “It was a cut protection,” Bosley said. “We’d been cutting them all night. We were supposed to cut at the same time, and they ended up missing the timing on it. That’s what happened.
    “A lot of people think it was an intentional thing. We’re not going to go out there and try to intentionally hurt a player and end his career like that. We’re not those type of people. For anyone to think we’d do that is ridiculous.”
    Left guard Tyronne Green said, “It was clearly an accidental high-low.”

I hope this helps.

Carl Dubois
    The Advocate

2 people like this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Thanks for pitching in, Carl. The bad thing about it is that people tend to remember the incident and their first impression. Explanations that come some time later (especially if they contradict the first impression) often go unnoticed or just ignored. In my case, I didn't see that particular column; this is the first time I'm reading that explanation.

7. LafTiger

LafTiger Freshman

I think the other thing that people remember is the SAME THING happening in the Clemson game, against another dominant DT. Too much coincidence with the blocks for people to believe it was not intentional.

The one that I really feel bad for, is the guy's little brother. Death threats should never happen, but to threaten or post something on his younger brother's website is deplorable

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Here's my take. If they did not have a play where they are both supposed to block Dorsey high, then it was intentional.

9. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

who gives a F about this dude & his dad. what a bunch of crybabies. go play intramurals brother.

1 person likes this.
  10. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

A chop block does not equal a death threat on my book...That's ridiculous!!!

I don't think that him apologizing for the chop block would not have made a difference in him getting death threats or not...Whoever is retarded or not to threaten somebody's life over something that happened during a football game doesn't care about apologies...He should've been suspended and the SEC should've fined Tubby.