Chaz Ramsey receiving Death Threats

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Aubie16, Jan 31, 2008.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Didn't look like a "scheme" error to me but if that is what it was then the point should have been made then. There was no defense other than saying it wasn't taught. The error was not making it clear immediately and not waiting so long to defend it.

Death threats are over the top but he should be held publically accountable. Maybe next time he will think about what he is doing.

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

yeah, he's right, it's all putt's fault.

but seriously, it was a dirty play and it's over, both sides have made and accepted apologies.

death threats are stupid, no need for that kind of garbage.

but there's no need for garbage on the field either.

it's time to move on.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Absolutely. If the explanation of the play in the article is the truth, why hasn't Ziemba come out and defended Ramsey? "Chaz is getting all the heat, but the truth is, I made the bad play. I was supposed to go low, same as Chaz, and I screwed up and went high."

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

<--- Does not agree with the threats.

And ESPN loves to sensationalize ad nauseum. But what if that chop block had torn Dorsey's ACL and ruined his career. Ramsey's grief would have been far greater. Just live with it for now. It'll go away next year.

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Good point. As the press came back to this and kept it going (they have to have SOMETHING to report!), Auburn should invite the reporter to come to the school and talk to the two kids and their o-line coach and clear it up and make a public apology. I think that's the only way to mollify the fans.

It was a cheap looking shot, real ugly and dangerous. It was out in the open. They need to make it right. By keeping so quiet, the fans are left to fester. Nationally, fans don't want to see the game played that way, period.

6. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

The kid obviously made a bad mistake. But what concerns me is that later on in the season (I think in Auburn's bowl game) another player on their OL gets flagged or is caught doing the same thing.

Now if it was an isolated thing with the Ramsey kid then I could chalk it up as a stupid mistake by a kid. But another Auburn OL'man later that same year??? Things that make you go :huh:

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Or things that make ass't coaches leave. :wink:

8. clair

clair Rockets

it's classless to do what the folks are doing to Chaz.

But it's more classless to blame everyone but yourself for what happened and that is what the kid is doing.

If he just admitted he committed a real dirty play and was at fault, I think the issue would be laid to rest.

Too much, "there were 300 chop blocks, why was this one different," "It wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't on Dorsey" stuff for me.

9. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

This was way different than any "other" chop block, this was a chop block that almost ended the career of one of the biggest forces ever to play DT, one that won almost every major award in college football, not to mention it ended his season prematurely. Dorsey didnt get to play up until the Ohio State game, that's how bad it was. He wasnt even man enough to hit him in front, instead he hit him sideways (could've collapsed Dorsey's knees) and blindsided. And that other A-hole saw it as a chance to say I pancaked Dorsey on national television by rolling him over and causing later back problems for Dorsey. The truth is, Dorsey was never the same after that block.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Chop blocks happen every game, especially with zone blocking schemes. It was an awful decision but I seriously doubt he wanted to severely hurt him. I get a little more upset about the one on one diving from behind cheap shots like the BC incident a few years ago.

Personally, Im over it, and I bet I hate those Barners more than you. ;)