Chavis was a Nega

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Jan 5, 2015.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think you are attempting to knock Chavis, which you wouldn't have dared to do a month ago. Shows just how bond your opinion is.

islstl and BRETT like this.
  3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Look at what he says about the man so many here can't stand with every fiber of their miserable being:

And...
    Guess a lot of posters here have no clue what the actual facts are. Go figure.

KyleK, LSUDad and TigerTap like this.
  4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Which part of the article is unbelievable to you?

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

From the comments:

KyleK, StaceyO, red55 and 1 other person like this.
  6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I read this article last night, too. Chavis does say that CLM was the best coach he ever worked for and that he loved him. But, he also shares frustrations about the offense. It CAN go both ways. I am sure he meant what he said about his respect for CLM and enjoyment working for him on a regular basis. But, just like we all saw what went down in the 2011 NC game and the deterioration in offensive mentality, i.e. QB, since (sans 2013), his frustration with the offense not holding their end of the bargain became prohibitive to his defensive success and he left. At some point, we all have decisions like these to make. I hold no ill will for him doing what he felt he needed to do in his career. But, he is now TigerBait, for sure.

GregLSU, Rouxleaux, Bengal B and 2 others like this.
  7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

That very well may be. But the only people that have explicitly attempted to claim that as THE conclusion are sports writers and their "sources". The only thing they really point to is Chavis comment complimenting his new boss where he says he was "excited to play with a great offense".

When I moved from New Orleans to Colorado in the late 1980s, i told relatives that is was "pumped to be living close to the mountains". In no way did that mean that is was sick of living near the Gulf Coast. It just meant I was excited to be able to go hiking, skiing, and whitewater rafting. Nothing more.

That same false logic is being applied here as though its a "known fact".

red55, TigerTap and LSUDad like this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

Right, I hear you. The media may be harping on that one point, and that may seem out of focus to some. But, if he did say that, and I am sure did, it does reveal deep frustrations about his former boss. That is worth noting. Again, it doesn't mean he didn't enjoy working with and respect CLM. He did.

I, too, left LA for personal reasons/considerations. But, I love LA, love the people, love LSU, and in many ways miss my hometown of New Orleans. The challenges, however, were prohibitive for our family compared with the benefits and enjoyments, and it was time for a change for us. Chavis can feel both of what is being described/quoted.

GregLSU and Herb like this.
  9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I don't think it necessarily reveals deep frustrations. To get from the comment to that conclusion requires a missing premise of logic or two.

TigerTap likes this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

That may be true. But, it's possible you may be looking for an alternative conclusion, too.