Chavis Update Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Dec 31, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What was the clause?

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Something about if Miles was let go or wasn't at LSU any longer, he wouldn't get paid or some shit.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Thanks for the Cliff's notes.

To that I'll say if the difference in making 1.3 million and 1.7 million is enough for him to bolt for fucking A and EM, he's not attached to our team/his kids enough. I hope the door doesn't hit him in the ass. We'll be okay without that fat bastard.

StaceyO and GregLSU like this.
  4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

There was also talk on twitter that he mentioned something about Miles alienated himself and Cam from the rest of the staff when he hired him as the OC. Not sure if that was in reference to Cam making more than Chavis from the get go, or if Miles and Cam basically shut everyone else out.

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Standard chit: "If the current coach is fired or quits, we won't be paying you the balance of your overinflated price tag."

GregLSU likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

Sounds like a buncha woman drama. I hope our coaches are not a bunch of pussies.

StaceyO and GregLSU like this.
  7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I do not believe chief deserved a 400K raise. Though I do agree Cam is over paid for the production this season, I do not believe the production is entirely his fault. There is no helping the QB play without progressive development with Harris or a transfer. Manning couldn't have done much better with QB development. Whether Harris should have been played or not is not ours to project. Cam didn't make Mett a lesser QB so I AM inclined to believe there is something more to the guy other than his ability to turn shit to sugar.

Point being is there is no way chief deserved the kind of cash aTm gave him other that aTm being as desperate as they were. I certainly do not believe chief will elevate the aggies to the top of the west.

fanatic, GregLSU and Winston1 like this.
  8. LSUTiga

No but after this year I really believe him for what he was saying last year about Mett's improvment, "I'm being given way too much credit." At the time I thought it was the right thing to say cause I thought it was surely Cam who'd polished Mett's play. After seeing him "not" have one of two CLOSE to being able to pass, it made me think of his statement often.

He and Miles are tight. They said yesterday how they'd served in each other's weddings. Not good to mix business and pleasure.

Oh and hell no Chav doesn't deserve a 400K raise.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I gotta disagree. If not for Chief LSU would be in the toilet.

tirk, ParadiseiNC and GregLSU like this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I agree that Chavis isn't worth $1.7M, but a $30K raise is a slap in the face, especially with the clause they attached. And I agree too that Chavis isn't going to turn A&M in to all world beaters on D. They'll be better yes, but anything is an improvement from where their currently at. A&M will still be beatable, and most likely will still require a few years to get that D unit up to par.

Apparently LSU sees no issue with paying top dollar for a mediocre OC, Cam is supposedly a God at turning anyone in to a QB, but yet we still don't have an answer in that Dept. Guess only time will tell. But we need to start seeing some player development on the O side of the ball or I think a pay cut is in order for Cam.