Chavis Update Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Dec 31, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I actually like that hire if it were to happen. Dude has a good NFL pedigree and turned SC's D around pretty quickly.

3. dudley

dudley oops!

The "Miles Leaving Clause" in the contract Chavis was offered is interesting. Wonder if that was before Harbaugh was hired at Michigan and Chavis thought Miles would take the job if offered or maybe he thought Miles seat is getting a bit warm. On the subject of warm seats I wonder if he considered that Sumlin's name is not etched on any stones on the A&M campus either.

Just wondering.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea, from what I read, the only reason he was let go was because of a new HC at USC. Brought in a new staff.

I need to do more research though. I don't really know anything about him.

GregLSU likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Don't get me wrong, not trying to pump the shine but it is natural for folks, players included to believe when they see grey skies, they confuse that for the sky is falling. Chief did not deserve a raise and now, he is Tiger Bait.

The O was horrific the entire season so we knew this would not improve for the bowl. But the O is a product of poor leadership taking snaps so I am entirely convinced Cam is not the problem...yet. We need a QB now because I am entirely convinced we do not have one, anywhere. Cam inherited that, he did not create that. Miles will find or has found someone that will go with the grain. It will be a guy who will be hired as a step up i believe. Could be a young guy or a proven quality at a lesser school. It will not be a repeat of chief, that is clear. I do share LaSalle's concern, however. I don't like a promotion from within and I think we are all beyond the "trust in Miles"mantra. He has more to prove now than ever.

There is simply no doubt that LSU is a VERY attractive hire for anyone considering. Miles could easily sit back and answer the phone, but I am sure he is laying pavement like he needs to. Mushchamp might be biting his lip, not a very good Miles suitor but just the same, there is not a DC in the ranks with movement in their shoes not looking seriously at this opportunity. I feel we have much more to gain than what was lost and how that pertains to the next few seasons. How that plays out remains to be seen on the field.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    LSUTiga and GregLSU like this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I can get down with that. While I don't agree with Chavis didn't deserve more, his side of that ball produces more then Cams side of the ball, and Cam came in making more than Chavis. I can understand his issue there.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I do not understand the initial post. What is the deal? We're offering what? and A&M is offering what?

9. TXTigaLand

TXTigaLand Freshman

LSU is a very attractive and desirable opening. This could be a huge step forward to correct what many believe, and many others are watching with an uneasy concern, is a dip in the trajectory of our program. Even with all his "Crazy Uncle Eddie in the Attic" antics, there is no way Miles didn't know Chavis leaving was a probability based on attitude and interaction with Chavis on a daily basis. Chavis' willingness to even entertain an inquiry from other schools didn't begin when he heard ATM needed a DC. A key team member of a organization that works as close as coaching staffs must do and receives as much personal recognition for their individual results, does not leave a program he has this much invested in, and that has this much potential for success without a significant amount of subtle and not-so-subtle clues. Hopefully, Miles and those that make the decisions (influential alumni) have a gameplan. It's going to be fun watching our future, and ATM's disappointment.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

A&M offered him 1.7M, a $400K raise... while LSU offered him a $30K raise and put a clause in his contract he didn't like.

LSUTiga likes this.