Chavis Update Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

I agree with this, yes Chavis has shored up the D but at the same time his D has cost us the game at the end. Losing chavis will be like treating an infected wound. Got to make things hurt before there can be real progress. I just hope we can find someone worth a damn. Hopefully who can instill the whole wrap up tackle idea not this arm tackle bs we have been doing for years.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Of course, losing games "hurts his feelings." I cannot understand why so many of our fans think Miles is out to sabotage his OWN team. No one cares more about LSU football than Miles. To think otherwise is a foolish, knee jerk reaction.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Gonna prob lose a few recruits now. :/

4. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Might gain some with the new hire as well...

CajunlostinCali and LSUpride123 like this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

See I don't think so. What recruits came to LSU just solely because of Chavis? Those would be the ones we would lose, who are they?

I truly believe that in time LSU will be fine, and still in better shape than A&M. Id take Chavis 2008 ~ 2011 over Chavis 2012 ~ 2017 any day of the week. Chavis and his defenses were all headed the wrong direction. Chavis cannot stop mobile QB's, he cant do it. Never could at LSU and surely wont be able to at A&M with less talent.

This could be a blessing in disguise, because say what you want about LSU, Chavis was not improving.... rather he was/is declining. Stats may say one thing (just this year), but the past 3 seasons I have been watching what was once an air tight lock down defense get exposed and out coached up and down the field in the games that mattered. We have had ZERO pass rush the last 3 years and have been getting gashed up the middle by above average rushing attacks. We made Ziare look like a Heisman candidate yesterday

65Grad and HalloweenRun like this.
  6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

It's not about sabotage, it's about his philosophy. His style of offense and type of QB is ineffective and he refuses to change.

fanatic likes this.
  7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I do not think this is to be the case. Couple years ago when that plane with a big M swooped in and courted Miles (with his signed letter of intention to negotiate with the big M), Miles came out with the most power handed to an LSU head coach ever...exclusive staff control. Miles held the last card with Chavis. I do not believe Miles behaved this way towards chief without having a short list of names. The bed is made and Miles has a huge decision to make on this new hire. At the moment, Miles is all hat and no cattle, but not for long, IMO. I think he will make a good hire and along with that, some needed fresh air for this football program. How he leads this team on game day is another topic but how he hires is certainly not his weak point.

He can and I do believe he will, make a good executive decision towards who will lead our defense into the new. With the talent at hand, the obvious attraction to play defense for LSU and the facilities strong enough to support that desire for recruits, pretty good chance we have the leverage to bring in a damn good hire. Miles has the checkbook and there is no need to match Chavis @ aTm. If he did, then we know Miles decision was made well before aTm came calling. The only thing I do not like is how Chavis held a higher hand with the ability to be hired within the division. Pretty certain that will not be the case with the new coach.

If there was friction between chief and Cameron in house, well, there is no friction any more. Change has been made and hopefully for the better. I simply do not believe Miles will bring in a DC that will fuck up the powerhouse that has become tradition for LSU. If he does, Miles is gone, very gone and everyone licking their chops for that moment will have Christmas for an entire year.

GregLSU and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I like your optimism but what leads you to believe Miles can or will make a good hire for DC? Honestly speaking Cam came in making more than Chavis, and yet the Offense sucks. Check the Bowl game thread, everyone about shit their selves when we saw some forward passes to TEs. The O is terrible, I'm still debating how good of a hire Cam was.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yep, I bet that stung a little considering. I mean if I'm the glue holding shit together and some dude comes in making more than me, I'd be pissed. That's just natural.

I just have a bad feeling we are going to see an internal promotion and not a blockbuster hire.

GregLSU likes this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Well like I posted yesterday, it was mentioned on twitter from a few credible sources that when Cam came in, Miles "alienated" himself and Cam from the rest of the staff. Guess Chavis sort of felt like the 3rd wheel and then the clause in the contract was like others stated "the final straw".

Dupri tweeted yesterday, "things have to change", and and others like Adams claims to love Miles. Who knows, but it seems there's been more dissention the last few seasons. And the only "common" is Miles. I get the feeling Miles doesn't have total control of this program like many want to believe.

Bengal B likes this.