Chavis gone... Who should we pursue as new DC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Dec 30, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He'd be awesome for LSU. I think LSU should hire him for the D line and move Brick to linebackers coach. Like Twisted said, he is a super recruiter and LSU would immediately have the best recruiting team in the nation. It would help keep those in state kids at LSU we keep losing to Bama, and A&M. He is a damn fine coach too, and kids love to play for him. I think it would be a homerun to hire him.

GregLSU likes this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I hope you're right, IMO he would be a HUGE upgrade from Hailey. However my gut tells me DC or nothing. I hope I'm wrong.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I realize he's talking about USC here but....
    "Even though Sarkisian has struggled in his first season, losing much of the energy revived by Orgeron, he deserves a chance to find his footing, meaning there will be no head coaching opportunity there for Orgeron. But he says it doesn't matter.

"I'd come back as an assistant," he says. "I love the people there. I'm with my family now, but I miss my family there. I miss 'em right now. In the belly."

4. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Of course not. But it's the difference b/t blowing smoke and being in the know

5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I'm pretty sure what he's trying to say is he would take just about any job right now because he is hungry.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Haley still not a sure thing for us. A&M still after him and now Miss St. has interest in offering him the DC job. I could see him leaving to go back to Miss St.

He has been waiting for a good DC job for some time now.

GregLSU likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm also hearing he is very skeptical about moving his family, so it's basically 50/50 but there has been interest from other schools as the assistant head coach and defensive coordinator.

If Haley leaves I think LSU almost has to hire Orgeron from a recruiting standpoint.

Pintoracer, GregLSU and tirk like this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No one wants you out or for you to go anywhere. What is a pile of crap is you sticking your tongue out saying "I have the name"

Fine. Woopty doo. What good does it do to tell us you have information that I'm sure 98% of us would assume to be true but not tell us. Good. Glad you are a made man. I'd rather you just enjoy it and keep it to yourself if you aren't going to share

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

A couple of days ago he was quoted as having no interest in the LSU DC position, who knows what he really wants or is willing to take? He did express interest in the DC opening at Nebraska.

10. Oliverjuggs

Oliverjuggs Senior Member

All this macho testosterone is making me wet