Chavis gone... Who should we pursue as new DC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Dec 30, 2014.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No need to reconsider, because I would never consider him in the first place. He sucked at Gawga and fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. TwistedTiger

I don't see O taking anything less than a DC job at the college level. I'd love to have him at DL, I just don't see it happening.

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I enjoy your posts; you bring a lot of great information and perspective here, and I would hate to see you go. You're obviously "in the know" so to speak, and I respect the fact that you don't divulge confidential sources.

tigermark and TigerSnarl like this.
  4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Hoping some of you can help me out here -- seems like Orgeron is certainly the polarizing figure. Seems people either like him or don't, with no in-between. What is the general consensus, at least from unbiased standpoint -- would he be a good hire or not (not necessarily as DC as I don't believe he's ever been one, but as a position coach)?

5. TwistedTiger

No one wants you gone, what we want is for you to say we just hired Pendergast and someone that can develop QB'S.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think he'd take it. You get to coach at your home state's flag ship university, which means you get paid to stay home. Plus I think he knows LSU fans really like him.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think he'd take it in a heartbeat.

8. TwistedTiger

For the last time Orgeron WAS DC AT USC FOR TWO SEASONS!!!!!!! That being said he is indeed a polarizing personality. He is a solid coach, super recruiter and in the right place would be a great addition. His personality limits the places he would be a good fit. You hire a guy like him and if it works it probably works great. If it doesn't you run him off.

GregLSU and tirk like this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

He would. I think to work in his home state with a program known for tough D would be more than enough for him to take the job as a line coach.
    It's tough to move past reputation and his has lasted a long ass time. I said it when he stormed off last December and flew back to La in such a hurry that he'd hurt his future chances. I knew he'd never get an offer as a HC which is what he said he wanted.

My problem with that was he repeatedly called the players "his sons", said they were "family" blah blah blah. And then when he didn't get the job he wanted (really didn't even get a 2nd interview which Haden had promised) he left "his sons" without their coach before the bowl game! WTH. Be a man and deal with your emotional shit later. It's that same raw emotion that allows him to connect with players and get crazy good results.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

There is a lot of truth here. He was a good fit at USC in certain capacities. He would never have gotten the nod as HC though in large part due to his overall presentation. He really is tough to understand. He would have struggled with certain aspects of a HC...recruiting kids he loved, recruiting money and kissing donor butts not so much. He would be bored to death with that.

He told the players before he went home, that if you lose to both ucla and the irish in the same season, you can't survive at USC. A few have but not for long and not when you are the interim.

tirk likes this.