Chavis gone... Who should we pursue as new DC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Dec 30, 2014.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

How many more years of guarantee monet does he have left? Think that wall is still pretty far back.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You obviously don't read my posts. I have repeatedly listed the many things that Miles does great and have called him a very good coach. I am not one of those that has been calling for him to be fired. You're so wrapped up in your world of attacking anyone that says anything negative that you don't even attempt to understand the conversation or comprehend what was posted. I am a Miles supporter, but I'm not blind to some of his shockingly glaring deficiencies.

tirk, ParadiseiNC and COTiger like this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You call it trashing, I call it questioning a coach's decisions. Particularly a coach who's making 4.5 mil a year.

GregLSU, ThePhenom74 and Bengal B like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You couldn't be more wrong amigo, wasn't it you who said people express opinions here and be ready to deal with it if some don't agree? I guess that really means only those that don't agree with you.

Bottom line is I can't say that I like/dislike anything he says because there is never anything there. I know that he has a lot of info, I also know that he isn't at liberty to divulge it. What I'm asking is that he stop acting like the kid on the playground with the nanny nanny boo boo stuff. If he doesn't want to spill it then fine but enough with the "I talked to so and so and he said that -------------------. Either fill in the blank or don't say anything.

Rouxleaux, furduknfish and COTiger like this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I argue with those I disagree with. I don't attack them personally until they go away.

What? Dad says a lot about a lot and he says where he heard it, unlike most people around here who just spread any rumor they heard from a cousin of a friend of somebody they read on the internet. Do you really expect him to put his friend's names on the internet and quote a confidential remark? You don't do it. Nobody does. But Dad shares more coaching information than anybody on the board and you know it.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Who cares, everyone has a right to their opinion no matter what side of the fence they fall on. Plus that number can change drastically game to game.

Rouxleaux and COTiger like this.
  7. furduknfish

You are wasting your time. Please feel free to use my response to him. It's more poetic than ignore.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. furduknfish

And then?

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

If anyone doesn't want to read anything I post, please hit the ignore option. If the higher ups on this board want me out, just say so, I will kindly move along. I'm easy, sometimes too easy.

I will not give out a persons name if it is between he and I talking.

Thanks

didit and Mis'sippi Tigah like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Les Miles... Great man, great representative of LSU, not a douche bag, fantastic recruiter, great motivator and father figure of young men. Mediocre X's and O's coach, and a stubborn one at that....that's a fact.

I don't want him fired unless LSU has a losing season, or finishes at the bottom of the SEC.

That being said, the SEC as a whole needs to start realizing that in today's game you have to have a quarterback. You have to have excellence at that position. The guy doesn't have to be NFL talent, but he has be smart, and be able to make throws. When the SEC teams start getting qb play to go along with those dominant defensive and offensive lines, another streak will ensue.

lsufan52 likes this.