Chavis gone... Who should we pursue as new DC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Dec 30, 2014.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Nah, I can understand what he writes.
    I don't like it most of the time, but I can understand it.

ThePhenom74 likes this.
  2. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

LSU should have ante upped the money, the track program has suffered not been the same.

I agree, there is a lot more to this than JUST the money.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I sat it Tiger Stadium through many of those 5-7 seasons and worse. I know LSU football is in way better shape now. However that doesn't make me blind to what's going on now. It also doesn't mean I can't discuss the positives and negatives of the current state of the program. It's the people that only see one side and try to stop all debate that are the retards. Yes, that puts you on the list.

shane0911 and ThePhenom74 like this.
  4. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

But dad said he enjoyed what he was doing, living in BTR and working with Les, so none of that can be true.

Chavis' defense improved this season, but took a step back vs ND. Last year's defense was horrible given what the O was able to do. So, in the end, fuck him. There's plenty of blame to go around with an 8-5 record. And seems to be cracks in the Miles paternal household.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It wasn't the money . . . it was perceived disrespect. There had been long friction between Henry and Skip Bertman. Henry had four times the national championships, but Bertman got all the acclaim, the facilities, the paycheck, and eventually the AD job being Henry's boss. Henry just didn't understand that track does not draw spectators and TAF donors. Hell, baseball didn't until Skip got there. There was bad blood there and Henry was just waiting for an opportunity to bolt after Skip became AD.

ParadiseiNC and ThePhenom74 like this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No one has tried to stop all debate, that is total bullshit. People will disagree here and you had best get used to it. People get tired of the bitching and say so. That doesn't stop any rants.

In my experience, the only retards are those that invoke the word retard when someone disagrees with them.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You might want to read the post I was responding to. My retard was a response to his. Also there are quite a few that try to crush debate when it doesn't follow their line of thinking and he is definitely one. People also get tired of all the ass kissing not just the bitching. The sky isn't falling, but Miles isn't pumping fairy dust out of his ass either. The truth is somewhere in the middle. There should be much bitching after this season.

ThePhenom74 likes this.
  9. ThePhenom74

Hopefully we can stil pull in Phillips. LSU is desperate need of DL play. We do not at all see any future studs on the DL.

I think we can agree that next year is a pivotal year. Reality or perceived, things are not where they should or need to be right now at LSU. I will say this, Miles often does his best job when his back is against the wall.

10. ThePhenom74

This post says it all.