Charles Krauthammer: I'm voting for John McCain

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 25, 2008.

1. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

of course Obama will catch him. they are on facebook together

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

everyone feels this way. why do you insist that others pay more than you? because it's not your $$?

that's the liberal mantra. as long as it's not your taxes that are raised.....it really wouldn't be fair.

as long as others pay what you consider to be fair

my suggestion was that you write a check today to help lower the debt. why won't you?

btw....you never told me where that "govt" guy with the deep pockets got all of his $$$

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

to bad this fits both candidates--"who's never had to make an executive decision affecting so much as a city, let alone the world?"

im taking my chances with obama's executive decision-making over someone who's gonna win a war at all costs.

plus, despite his character as a pow, he cannot be trusted after caving in so much on so many important issues (including picking an embarrassing VP candidate) to appease the falwell crowd.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Bull. Clinton is responsible for insisting that the poor be given access to mortgages (euphemistcally referred to as affordable housing) just like the grown ups with jobs and assets. That was the snowball that ended up being the avalanche that followed. Pelosi's cronies like Barney Frank misled investors and he is just as dirty as anyone else. And he's a corksucker on top of that.:angry:

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nonsense. The CRA act that started all of this happened in 1977 under Jimmuh. It compelled banks to give loans to poor borrowers. But if it was the cause why didn't this crisis happen three decades ago? The CRA required banks and S&L's to lend, but consistent with safe banking policies.

The writing of crazy high mortgages with exploding interest rates, brutal fees, and no documentation was a post-2003 phenomenon. In 2004 the Bush administration actually slashed CRA regulation, freeing banks from their toughest standards. They no longer had to make loans to low-income people. CRA was a minor player in the mortgage orgy. In this century, half of subprime loans have been made by independent mortgage companies not subject to CRA rules. The regulations that had forced lenders to be dragged into low-income neighborhoods were gone so they now rushed in.

Clinton had nothing to do with it. Bush's watch. Bush's de-regulation. Bush's responsibility.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Wrong.

http://www.progressivehistorians.com/2007/11/bill-clintons-role-in-mortgage-crisis.html

7. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Not so fast Red...... The Obama Kool-aid is running out in Florida and Ohio!

http://www.strategicvision.biz/political/florida_poll_102408.htm

http://www.strategicvision.biz/political/ohio_poll_102408.htm

McCain is still very much alive in this very close race! :usaflagwa

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i need to see #s before i believe that. amazingly enough, i havent been able to find them. my understanding was that most of the foreclosures to date were not FHA loans, not primary residences.

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Pres. Bush:

But I believe owning something is a part of the American Dream, as well. I believe when somebody owns their own home, they're realizing the American Dream. They can say it's my home, it's nobody else's home. (Applause.) And we saw that yesterday in Atlanta, when we went to the new homes of the new homeowners. And I saw with pride firsthand, the man say, welcome to my home. He didn't say, welcome to government's home; he didn't say, welcome to my neighbor's home; he said, welcome to my home. I own the home, and you're welcome to come in the home, and I appreciate it. (Applause.) He was a proud man. He was proud that he owns the property. And I was proud for him. And I want that pride to extend all throughout our country.

One of the things that we've got to do is to address problems straight on and deal with them in a way that helps us meet goals. And so I want to talk about a couple of goals and -- one goal and a problem.

The goal is, everybody who wants to own a home has got a shot at doing so. The problem is we have what we call a homeownership gap in America. Three-quarters of Anglos own their homes, and yet less than 50 percent of African Americans and Hispanics own homes. That ownership gap signals that something might be wrong in the land of plenty. And we need to do something about it.

We are here in Washington, D.C. to address problems. So I've set this goal for the country. We want 5.5 million more homeowners by 2010 -- million more minority homeowners by 2010. (Applause.) Five-and-a-half million families by 2010 will own a home. That is our goal. It is a realistic goal. But it's going to mean we're going to have to work hard to achieve the goal, all of us. And by all of us, I mean not only the federal government, but the private sector, as well.