Change one coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I give em all another year... At the beginning of the season many of us were bracing for a 4, 5, even 6 loss season. We ended up 10-3 and should have easily been 11-2 if not for the aTm fiasco. In my opinion, that warrants everyone getting one more season. Would I like to have been in the CFP? Hell yes, but it wasn't in the cards this year and everyone knew it, whether they admit it or not.

If I had to choose one though, intuitively I would probably let go of Methuselah (passing game coordinator)... That hire always bugged me for some reason.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Brian, LSUTiga and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree. He's been S&C coach since probably Dinardo and it's time for him to be put to pasture and a younger coach with newer ideas brought in. The problem though is he's also listed on LSU sports website as the Assistant AD, so does that mean O can't fire him? If it's up to Alleva fire him, then he's not going anywhere.

TOMMY MOFFITT

Assistant AD/Strength and Conditioning
    [​IMG]
    Tommy Moffitt Bio FULL BIO

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

All another whole entire year ugh? well how nice and gracious of you. Lets see you start out saying how improbable us being 10-3 and should have been 11-2 was yet you will 'graciously' give our coaches one more year then the mass firing should start if what? We dont win the NC? What? Make sure and let the Sopsher brothers and Davonte Lee and the rest of the guys we are recruiting for the 2019 recruiting class (rated #4) along with the 2020 recruiting class (rated #2) that the coaches that recruited them may be gone because our "fan base" expects perfection and a NC every year (despite being in the toughest conference in America with the best coaches in America). Beware recruits if we are not perfect yearly (like us fans are) we will call for the firing of coaches yearly maybe even during the season.

Bet you and others like you are the first ones out of the box whining about the 5 star recruits like Dylan Moses and Davonte Smith and maybe soon the Sopsher brothers that leave Louisiana for the Bama's and Clemson's and soon to be A&M's and Texas's because of your insane expectations. Why would a parent want to tell their kids to come here when they read ridiculous threads like this after this remarkable year ending with a great win against a team that was 25-0? Why not tell them to go to schools where the fan bases are not callings for the heads of coaches because of one bad play as sometimes happens here.

We should all be pumped and in a good mood being 10-3, in the top 10 and a great recruiting class coming in but no. The whole fucking premise of this destructive ridiculous thread sucks and does nothing to improve, entice recruits or move our football team forward. Some here don't deserve a winning program and are their own worse enemies. Most of em know jack shit about football anyway but oh man they think they do.

PS; That so called "Methuselah (passing game coordinator)" you mentioned bleeds purple and gold and might be the best coach on the staff having accomplished what he did with the hand he was dealt this year.

Go flock with the rest of the buzzards here.

UnfortunateEvergreenKronosaurus-max-1mb.gif

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Did you also see the missed blocks and the lack of another good blocking TE on some of those plays?

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Of course we all know that youth is the answer. How could someone in his 50's know anything about anything. Anyone over 30 should be euthanized or at least put out to pasture. We all know that the youth coming out of colleges these days are going to make America better right. Lets go with youth to run this country you know the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's and the Beto O'Rourke's of the world. Look at the great job that child Prime Minister of Canada is doing. Hell little Nicky at Bama is in his 60's look at the horrible job he is doing. Same thing with Bill Belichek with the Patriots time for him to be put to pasture to.

Great idea and great thread to move LSU forward BTW.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

get off my lawn

yawn...predictable as the sun coming up and going down. you offer nothing to the conversation and feebly toss around insults....by your logic they would line up in the single t every snap then blame the players for lack of execution when the play didn’t work.....

take a double dose of Metamucil.... you’ll feel better

post less....and the rest of us will feel better

Brian, fanatic and GiantDuckFan like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Dont remember being on your lawn (your post) actually you are on my lawn and take your metamucil and shove it up your ignorant negative ass. Your the the one constipated with misplaced anger and hate at this coaching staff and team. I am happy with the season your the ones all bunged up and constipated with negative hate and absolute football ignorance. BTW I did add something MY OPINION which by the way is what REALLY bothers you buzzards. You see I just don't go along with the pack or in this case the flock (buzzards). We just had a great win and a great season and what do you buzzard do start a thread of what coaches to fire.

This thread sucks
    Clint-Eastwood-Angry-300x200.jpg
    Now get the hell off my lawn!

PS; The Aggies in 1975 beat us 39-9 running the single wing. Its execution professor.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Bye bye

Brian, lsutygr69 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Jesus fuck. The one of few people who actually takes your over driveled arguement and agrees and you still shit all over his post AND insult him by lumping him in with everyone you hate?

You are truly pathetic and far overdue for a higher dose of shut the fuck up. The very worst of you just happened. Congratulations, when it was impossible to be any more insufferable, you raise the bar and over achieve. Just die already.

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

One of the reason that Saban has so much success at Bama is that he A) recruits better than anyone else; B) keeps his coaching staff churning by bringing in the best consultants which act as his farm system for coordinators and coaches; C) Most importantly, Saban gets his players to stay for four years. No amount of strength and conditioning can make an 18-20 year old able to compete with a 21-23 year old whose been in a comparable S&C program.

This said, I'd let Orgeron and his staff have one more year before I started making changes. I think Sullivan may retire after this year and we'll need to replace him but continuity in coaching staff is important.

Brian and LSUTiga like this.