CFN: USC vs. LSU NCG

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Mar 4, 2007.

1. 2arms2legsTIGER

2arms2legsTIGER Founding Member

So could one say that playing at UCLA is sort of at home? I mean, yall are in the same freaking city, at least there's a 70+ mile desolate highway through some swamp land that separates LSU from Tulane.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'd love nothing more than to get Idaho off our schedule. The game was originally set up when Holt was the HC there. Here's our DC now and the favor is no longer necessary. We made an attempt to replace it with JawJaw but it didn't work out.

Washington actually played up last year compared to expectations. Not saying they're great but they could surprise people this year. In any case, I'll be freezing my rear off watching them at Huskie Stadium.

Based on South Carolina's relatively surprising success last year and an excellent recruiting class they could be more than spoilers the next few years. Still, LSU's toughest opponents are all home games......at least on paper.

If not USC, who would you rather have in January?

1 person likes this.
  3. 2arms2legsTIGER

2arms2legsTIGER Founding Member

Can we agree that Nebraska is not "back" as many of their fans had hoped going into last season? Even most national media types seem to have come to that consensus.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Completely agree especially since USC has had so many appearances in the Rose Bowl. :hihi:

Still it's not so much distance as knowing the crowds will likely be 50/50 and you still don't have the comfort surroundings of locker room, stadium amenities, etc.

1 person likes this.
  5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

It's pointless trying to compare teams by looking at their schedules. USC pounds Arkansas and we pound UA and ASU--it doesn't prove anything. USC and LSU both beat ND comparably. The PAC-10 may be weak, but the teams are familiar with one another and know how to prepare, and that makes the games a bit closer. Same with the SEC (and other conferences.) We play Arkansas closer than did USC but that could be because of the stakes of the game, yadda, yadda, yadda... Point is: no one can say anything until we actually meet on the field and play. But, i must admit that the speculation is fun.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

After reading this thread, I see that the clique is alive and well. This has also been quite apparent on several other threads as of late. Download an instant messenger program or something already!

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i'm not downplaying an LSU/USC matchup. if anything the trojans have their tough games on the road. i think LSU vs USC would generate alot of interest. i was just trying to defend LSU's ooc schedule. i think it's pretty apparent that if you play in the SEC you need a tulane or a la tech on the sched along with a team like va tech. i think next year's sched is done right (or was b4 miss st moving) a cupcake opener and another jammed in the middle for homecoming. a regional rivalry (tulane) and a monster (va tech) along with the giants in the sec, it'd be a pretty strong schedule every year.

what bugs me about the national media is that when determining who should be at the top of the bcs they look at ooc schedule and not the conference schedule when the two should be looked at together.

1 person likes this.
  8. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

FINALLY, I want USC's A$$! To prove, yet again, that the SEC is the PREMIER conference in college football. Im sorry, but the WAC-10 doesn't even come close to the SEC. Grant you, USC is a great team, but the rest of the conference is mediocre at best. USC is the ONLY team that could compete in the SEC. And don't let Tiga and Nooch get to you, I'll whip both their Candy A$$ES! :thumb:

2 people like this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

[​IMG]
    Don't forget your whip, when ya make that trip........Down by the Baaay.

Or whatever your name is?? :hihi:

Good to hear from you azzhole, I was wondering when they'd release you. :thumb:

10. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

You didn't think I was gonna let you and Nooch have all the fun, did ya? ;)