CFN: 10 Reasons Why LSU Will Win National Title

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Dec 18, 2007.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I'm just saying that coaching staffs are a vital part of how good a team is. Teams like Michigan, and especially Florida State and Miami, are being dragged down by their current coaching staffs, not lack of talent this year.

2. moraink

moraink Founding Member

I would be surprised if the coaching staff was not saying this to the players. Thats what coaches do, say the opponent is better than believed and you are not as good as believed, but your are right, its up to the players to believe in it.

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Jim Tressel on LSU:

"They've spent a long time with the bull's-eye because they've been up there a long time for people to take their best shots at them. Amidst all of that, I thought they did an excellent job handling the SEC championship weekend after a disappointing end to the regular season, which to me was impressive. Coming up with a win amidst all the discussions (of the Michigan job) and distractions. They just showed me they're a focused bunch."

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You're nutts pal. Not only if you believe we had the #1 coaching staff but also if you believe the rankings are based on coaching staffs rather than talent- ours didn't even have a conference championship going into the season, much less an NC.

I did think the preseason ranking was generous with an essentially unproven qb but it turned out okay.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yes but we did finish #3, with an impressive win over Charlie "Skinny Man" Weis, who was at that time believed by NFL-people to be some sort of incredible genius at winning football games.

As our coaching staff. Let's see, one ex-assistant is going to take over for one of the greatest coaches in history at one of the greatest programs in history. Another one of our assistants is going to take over at another one of the greatest programs in history. Am I nuts?

6. LSUTiga

Who's the second one from last year's staff taking over a storied program in the toilet? Or did we get our ranking based on the coaches we've had in the past, too. :confused:
    Don't spin.

Also, if BP is so great, why wasn't he even considered amidst the rumors of Miles leaving?

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Nebraska in the toilet? I hope that Huskerfan98635 guy doesn't read that. It might break his heart.:( Nebraska is huge. Unlike LSU during the Hallman years, they still sell out every single home game. They still think they are the greatest program in the world.

And I'm sure Pelini would have been considered by LSU, unless he and Skip don't get along.

And you don't want to count Fisher? Fine, look at Crowton. Rivals ranked him as the #5 OC in the country back in the spring. Now they have him at #3.

8. LSUTiga

1/ Pelini was not going to be our coach.

2/ Not a matter of ME counting Fisher, YOU said our preseason ranking was a lot to do with our coaching staff; yet he wasn't one of our coaches.

3/ You make no mention of our head coach in speaking so boldly about having THE #1 coaching staff?? Gimme a break.

btw, #5 is not #1, as far as Crowton.

With regard to Nebraska, you don't calling losing 6 of the last 7 in the toilet- what would you call it? They were 2-6 in conference play. Leave Huskerfan out of this, you're screaming for help here cause you made a statement that was nuts and instead of admitting to it, you're squirming.

You now are saying Nebraska thinks they are the greatest program in the world but earlier, you said they were one of the greatest.

Please note that I said your statement was nuts- not you.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yes, I think LSU's HC-OC-DC combo is #1 in the country. Oklahoma and Florida's combo is pretty good as well. And yes, I think Nebraska is one of the greatest programs in college football. They hired our DC to be their HC. That was my point. As for Pelini being our coach, we would have easily considered him, but hopefully we would have been able to get someone who had years of HC experience.