CFN: 10 Reasons Why LSU Will Win National Title

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Dec 18, 2007.

1. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

"Jim Tressel is a better coach than Les Miles"....

YA....this is the same coach that was sooooo...good, UF blew their Azzzes clean out of the water!

:tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye:

2. moraink

moraink Founding Member

LSU has the better overall team. Just watched Foxsports BCS breakdown, and even Eddie George said LSU has the better team. Will LSU win? I sure in the hell hope so ... but could they lose? Sure why not, OSU is a very good football team but again so is LSU.

Comparable they are very close. LSU on average faced the 59 ranked offense which averaged 29 pts per game ... LSU gave up an avg of 20 pts per game for a differance of -9. Whereas OSU on average faced the 64 ranked offense which averaged 26 pts per game ... OSU averaged giving up only 10 per game for a differance of -16. Advantage OSU.

LSU on averaged faced the 51 ranked defense which averaged allowing 25 pts per game ... LSU averaged 39 pts per game for a differance of +13. OSU on averaged faced the 62 ranked defense which averaged 28 pts per game ... OSU averaged 32 pts per game for a differance of +4. Advantage LSU.

What does this all mean, I think our offense is a little better than OSUs and their defense a little better than ours.

I know numbers can be skewed many ways especially for LSU since we were so banged up the last half of the season, but lets give OSU teh benefit of the doubt they may have been a little banged up too.

Personally it will be a hard fought game, but to believe OSU has the advantage because they have been hearing all along they are too slow and should not be in the game is obsurd, you don't think LSU will be pumped up to win a game in its own backyard in front of its fans? Also, they aren't the only team to play for back-to-back NCs. Look at Oklahoma, and they lost both, LSU then to USC.

3. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

LSU is better X 10...

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Good attitude. Some people on here would have been like "even [ex-Ohio State RB] Eddie George said LSU has the better team," oh my goodness, that is so awesome. We are going to blow them out!!!

But you blew that off and got realistic. Then, you actually spent the time to research something about OSU's team. Good job. I get pissed at the people who just spend 30 seconds thinking about OSU, their schedule, and the current reputation of the Big Ten, and come to some sort of "strong belief" that they can't defend with any facts beside mere speculation.

Yes I agree with you that this game will most likely be a "hard fought game." Can LSU blow out OSU? Sure. But OSU could also completely dominate LSU.

Now we do disagree about who has the mental advantage, which I think is huge. You don't think it's that big of a deal that "OSU has ... been hearing all along they are too slow and should not be in the game." Yet you think it's a big deal that "LSU will be pumped up to win a game in its own backyard in front of its fans."

Let me ask you this: have you ever played sports before? Have you ever had the opportunity of winning a HUGE game in your own backyard in front of your own fans? Yes, it means a lot. I promise you it does. But it means nothing compared to revenge for humiliation. I'm telling you, I believe Ohio State has the mental edge. And I've even posted articles by leading sports experts that agree with me. Can you find an article that agrees with you?

This game is going to be huge. If we win, I will literally go bananas.

5. moraink

moraink Founding Member

John, I'm not saying OSU will not be pumped up to play, all I'm saying is LSU will be pumped up also, I mean who wants to lose to a "slower" team. The media is treating this like its no big deal for LSU, but this means the world for OSU. If they think that, they don't know what they are talking about. I've heard many people say LSU should not be there because they are a 2 loss team. How about that for motivation.

I feel if OSU hangs around it will be a tough, hard fought game, but I have a feeling if LSU takes the opening kickoff, drives down and scores a TD, OSU may start believing they are the lesser team.

And yes, I've played sports (Football) in high school and I know who it feels to be called a lesser team (yes it motivated us but more so pissed us off) and play in front of our home crowd (never want to let your home crowd down).

6. LuvinLes

LuvinLes Founding Member

Yes they are....is there really any doubt who the BETTER team is??? But as we all know, sometimes the better team does NOT win, but we won't go back there... anything can happen (all the more reason to drink em if you got em), which is why we are all gonna be watching LSU win it all !!!!:thumb:

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

My point is that everything is set in place so that Ohio State will have the major mental advantage in this game. The challenge for our coaches is going to be to spin the situation for our benefit.

Sure, our coaches could try and get our boys fired up and pissed of by telling them that "The media is treating this like its no big deal for LSU" and/or that "LSU should not be there because they are a 2 loss team." But I don't think that would be too effective, because it's such an obvious falsehood that our boys won't buy it. There is no doubt that this a big deal for us and that we deserve to be here. We are the favorites. If I were on the coaching staff, this is how I would be trying to mentally prepare our players:

1) constantly telling our boys how underrated Ohio State is, proving it to them with the game film, getting them to absolutely believe that Ohio State is every bit as good as us and has every bit of the chance to win this game that we do. You could say this this would not be effective because its such an obvious falsehood that our boys won't buy it (hell, many people on here don't buy it), but Ohio State is not like Notre Dame last year. LSU and Ohio State really are evenly matched. The problem for our coaches is going to be convincing our players of that after all the hype they have been getting this year, and after all the disrespect Ohio State has been getting this year. Look at Byrd's recent comment. Look at all the comments from people on here.

2) constantly driving home how much we want this win, that this is our first chance in half a century to win an undisputed National Championship for LSU. Our coaches should be downplaying our 2003 National Championship as much as possible, telling our boys that we weren't the true champions that year, that the game between #2 LSU and #3 Oklahoma wasn't even a real championship game. Our coaches should be telling our boys that it is this game, this game on the 7th against Ohio State, that is LSU's first real chance at a true, undisputed National Title in 50 years. Our coaches should also make a big deal about how many National Championships Ohio State has, and really rub in our faces to make us really, really, really want to beat them down to win this one.

8. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

:geauxtige
    I will pray that they put you on their staff.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I do appreciate the compliment, but we really don't have to worry about our coaching staff. LSU is not the most talented team in the country this year. Last year we were one of the three most talented teams in the country, but not this year. Our two losses to Kentucky and Arkansas didn't surprise me at all. The only reason we got ranked #2 at the beginning of this year was because our coaching staff is #1 in the country, not because of the talent level of our team this year.

10. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

I wouldn't give all of the credit to the coaching staff.