CFN: 10 Reasons Why LSU Will Win National Title

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Caliendo

Caliendo Founding Member

Oh please, knowing the venue they went to really made them lose last year's game. That's one of the worst excuses I've ever read. I'm sure that the Ohio State players know all the streets around the Horseshoe, and they don't get distracted then.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Last year, Florida was just plain better then Ohio State. LSU is better then Ohio State. LSU should win, they might not, but they should. LSU should have beaten Kentucky and R-kansas but didn't. IF LSU loses I will be surprised, but not overly shocked.

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

The article made it very clear that it was not the reason that "made them lose last year's game." The article just suggested that it might have been a contributing factor.

And it's not a stupid concept. Look at it like this: say LSU's team has been to bowl games games in Miami for three of the last four years. The older LSU players tell the younger LSU players how awesome Miami is, how awesome Ocean Blvd is, how awesome South Beach is, how awesome the Art Deco District is, how awesome Key Biscayne is, how awesome the CocoWalk is, how awesome this beach or club or restaurant or whatever place is -- getting them all excited about the vacation to Miami. It takes their focus off the game. It's pretty simple to understand, nothing stupid about it.

You say that: "I'm sure that the Ohio State players know all the streets around the Horseshoe, and they don't get distracted then." Why would anybody get distracted by something they see on a fairly regular basis? Would LSU players get distracted in Baton Rouge or New Orleans? But what about a once-a-year vacation to Miami? You don't think that would be distracting to LSU when the older LSU players tell the younger LSU players how great of a vacation Miami is?

But sure, all Tressel had to do was tell them: what's more important -- a vacation or the freaking national championship. If you catch yourself daydreaming about how fun this vacation is going to be, then snap out of it. You have the rest of your lives to go on vacation to Phoenix (or Miami), but you only have this one chance to win the NC. It should be the only thing on your minds.

One thing I like about Miles, as opposed to Tressel or Saban, is that Miles is more a friend to the boys on his football team than Tressel (more like a teacher or college professor) or Saban (more like an NFL coach). By being more of a friend to our LSU boys, Miles hears what's on their minds and sets them straight. I doubt Tressel really understood that his boys were distracted by the thought of Phoenix as a vacation. In fact, I bet if Tressel reads the above article that I quoted, he'd be like "Hmmm, good point, surprised I never thought about that."

3. LuvinLes

LuvinLes Founding Member

I'm glad Ohio State is excited about going to a different venue...New Orleans is quite the city...Hope Tressel makes frequent room checks....N'awlins is a whole lot more tempting than the desert...every team has had problems with keeping their players in their rooms

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yes, I agree that it should be a plus for LSU that the city of New Orleans should be old hat for most of the team, whereas it should be an exciting new place for most of the Buckeye team. But speaking of college football kids getting excited by little things, I found this humorous, it comes from Patrick Fisher's blog about LSU's experience in preparation for the big game:

"The dinners are usually healthy, most of the time consisting of cold cut sandwiches. However, the occasional box of fried chicken or pizza makes its way in and that tends to get everyone excited. Now I know most of you are thinking that players get excited over food? And yes, I’m here to tell you it’s true"

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That would be sweet, but I don't think it will happen either. This is a very good Ohio State team we are facing and they will give us a hell of a game. They have the best defense in the country and we will either have a quarterback with a lame throwing arm or a quarterback with little experience, possibly both.

I think two great defenses will keep the scoring low. There ain't likely going to be no blowout.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Given the way this season has gone, it would be unlikely this game ends in a blow out.

I am fully prepared for another nailbiter with us pulling it out in another 2nd half comeback. And I am ready to pull out what little hair I have left when our WRs forget to lineup on the LOS and when our OL commits more false starts.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That was exactly what I was thinking. New Orleans is going to prove a lot more exciting than Phoenix.

8. Purple & Gold

Purple & Gold Founding Member

Forgot to mention that LSU is a "damn strong football team".

:crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal:

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I just hope we bring our "A" game. OSU will have a tough time if the Tigers come out fired up. As much as OSU might have a chip on their shoulder, I still think the tigers would be wanting it more. :tigereye: :crystal:

10. BuckeyeHavinFun

BuckeyeHavinFun Freshman

I see 0-9 OSU vs SEC --- I could have sworn last time we played the Tigers in 1988 (I think) OSU won that game. I may have tried some good drugs in college but I can seperate fantasy and reality! Everyone knows you guys will win this time--- except the OSU football team!!!