CFB Realignment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Jun 30, 2022.

1. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

So many posts about Notre Dame. Their time has come and gone. When was the last time they were relevant? The 1980's under Lou Holtz?

There's a reason Brian Kelly left them to come to LSU. They won't be able to stay independent forever. The landscape of college football is shifting at such speed, that everyday brings news that would have taken years before.

furduknfish, Hou-duco and shane0911 like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly

3. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

The plot thickens….

480074EF-E972-45BC-96FA-C8C6AE1F4014.jpeg

Perple likes this.
  4. Husker Ed

Husker Ed Founding Member

I'm not saying this won't happen, but I find it hard to believe the SEC was able to keep OU and TX quiet but now a swimming blog is able to break this news. I'm not buying it.

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

6. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Sometimes bigger is not always better... at least in this case! If four more ACC teams are added to the SEC, I see it as a negative because it weakens the conference overall. Clemson is the only definite NC contender and the other three are average at best! IMO, adding cupcake teams like Virginia, FSU and North Carolina will only make it easier for teams like Alabama and Georgia to make it into the playoff. 20 teams is simply too big!

Hou-duco likes this.
  7. Husker Ed

Husker Ed Founding Member

The reports of Clemson, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida State leaving for the SEC after ESPN voids their contract with the ACC makes no sense. Why would ESPN void a sweetheart deal with the ACC so they can pay more for the rights to the SEC?

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

A survey of 1,000 high school recruits during the last cycle asked, “If you were the #1 recruit in the nation with offers from every program, how likely (1-10 scale) is it that you would choose [program]?”

[​IMG]

Notre Dame ahead of Michigan, USC, Auburn, Stanford and just barely behind Miami who hasn't won anything in even longer than the irish and the gaytors.

Kelly was the longest tenured coach with the most wins in irish history. It's been 30 years since ND had been as "good" as when he left. The reason he left is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

"$100 million in basic compensation, including the retention bonus that he is due to receive each year on July 1.

Kelly's contract also includes a $500,000 bonus for every bowl appearance – which, at LSU, is near-guaranteed. The Tigers have played in a bowl in 20 of the past 21 seasons."

No more worrying about being left out and despite being closer to the top than they have been in 30 years, they still have no BCS or NY6 wins. Kelly didn't leave because ND sucks. He left for the $$$$ and the better chances at the post-season that come with being in the SEC.

But he better produce and quick. Personally, I think Tennessee is set up this year to be more successful than LSU. If I'm right, LSU fans won't be kissing Kelly's irish ass.

9. shane0911

Notre Dame SUCKS!!!

10. shane0911

They were below TexAss on that list and everyone knows what a shit show that place is.

I love you to pieces vball but you have taken the media bait and think that the "Irish" are some BFD

Well they aren't, they aren't shit and will continue to be less and less until they win something which is never.