Cell Phone Harsdships

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Dec 9, 2022.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well, today I took off to the woods to put out some bait to shoot pigs and realized I didn’t have my phone so I turned around.

as I got closer to my house, I remembered I had might’ve put it on the bed of my truck, so I started looking on the highway and lo and behold I found it.

I backed up, picked it up and it was smashed. So I go to AT&T with it and get the worst news. There are no more Sim cards so not having my iCloud password and email I was really screwed.

I left with not a thing on my phone not even contacts because I did not even have the password to get into my apps to download my game camera app

so lucky that I had this iPad at home and I started digging, because I don’t know shit about these things, and found a way for me to somehow merge my iCloud info, so I got all my grandkids pictures and videos and everything back but a close call.

I didn’t even get my account. It was my stupid ass fault that this was happening on both ends. Which pisses me off how much we rely on the damn phone.

Being widowed I don’t have anybody to say hey tell the kids I don’t have a phone- there’s only one phone in my house.

Anyone else have some bad phone experiences.

2. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Good news for me. I don't have one.
    The last 15 years of my career I carried one and was on call 24/7. When I retired I said that's it, no more cell phone for me. I have a phone in the house and email. That's all I need.

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Modern problems!

If you have an Amazon Echo device you might have some contacts saved there.... say something like "Alexa, call Ralph".

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

Thanks I was somehow able to get my iCloud app and download it on my phone and got everything back. I was so damn lucky. I still don’t know what the fuck I did.

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

My own modern problem:

This morning I was playing pickleball and one of my doubles opponents smashed it back at me, and when I swung at the ball it apparently hit the corner of my paddle, changed course, and smashed directly into my right eye. It hurt like hell, then a big blood bubble formed in my eye... ran my butt over to an opthamologist who told me that, yes, it looks like hell but that I didn't suffer any real long term damage, but I probably shouldn't play again until he sees me in five days.

So, my own modern problem is an addiction to pickleball, and I'm pissed that I can't play tomorrow, and the next day, and the next....

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

When I retire, I’m buying a flip phone

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. BAY0U BENGAL

My modern problem is that it’s 75° and it’s killing my hunting

8. LSUTiga

There’s a guy in my hunting club that still has one

9. LSUTiga

I had these two big boys show up last night. If they come three nights in a row Omma go pop rhem with my thermal scope

Attached Files:

shane0911 likes this.
  10. BAY0U BENGAL

Lemme get some of that tough meat