Celcius 41.11

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscpuke, Sep 21, 2004.

1. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

2. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Is that real show/movie or just a spoof?

3. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

It says that it is being released in September to refute the lies of M. Moore.

Looks like they will fight fire with fire...or in this case propaganda with propaganda.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

in the video, there was a a protester holding a sign that said "say no to war" ....unless a democrat is president"

that is slightly misleading. that is one of the signs made and carried by republican group protestwarrior.com to make fun of protesters. i dont think the protesters actually carry those signs. (although they may think that way and refuse to admit it).

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

and also there are people holding signs that say "zionism = racism" and that is obviously correct.

zionism:

"A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine"

a movement that wasnt racist would not care if it were jews or not who settled in israel. for instance if i wanted to establish a white/irish homeland in brooklyn to the exclusion of other ethnic groups, that would obviously be a racist movement. not that racism is all that bad, i dont mind it, people can hate whatever race they choose and that is great, but zionism is clearly racism. racism is stupid, but not wrong or evil.

6. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Good points Martin, and that is the reason I called it propaganda fighting propaganda. They took a page out of M Moores book of half-truths to make a point.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

so, can i convert to judaism and then israel is my homeland? and the zionist movement will be for me because i deserve israel?

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

oh, i didnt mean to be critical of the anti-moore piece. i am sure it is a thousand times more honest than moore. i was just pointing out that it is a bit of a straw man to show those signs that say "war is evil..unless a democrat is president", because the people that carry those signs are actually taunting democrats.

i considered goin to the protests near me and holding a sign that said "i am stupid too!" and then people would ask me what i was doing, and i would say "hey its cool, i am protesting with you guys, yunno, fight the power and ****. see...i'm stupid too!"

9. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

I figure much of it will be true - but from the trailer it did look like they meant for people to think actual protestors were carrying that sign.

Protest Warrior is an orginization long past due, and I definitely support them. I just did not like the trailer making it appear they were really serious. Perhaps they will clarify that point in the actual movie.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

As much as I personally do not like him, it is wrong to call Michael Moore a liar. His movies represent his opinions, and show how he came to him. He should not be called a liar for being an idiot and beleiving stupid things.