Cecil the Lion

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 28, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

so this American dentist went on safari and paid some poachers 50k to hunt a lion. He hunted Zimbabwe's very own Cecil. Lured off the reserve, shot him with a bow, tracked him and then blasted him with a gun, skinned him, then Ned Starked him. He basically went House Bolton and House Frey on this poor lion.

Well, the Internet is not a forgiving place. His yelp page for his dentistry and Facebook business and personal page have been absolutely destroyed with comments.

Why do people hunt lions and wolves and Jaguars and giraffes and elephants etc? I just don't get it.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They should pull all his teeth with no anesthetic. And I ain't lion

I can see shooting wolves if they are killing somebody's cattle or sheep.

3. LaSalleAve

If they are doing that i really don't have an argument although I would rather they just be captured and moved, but sometimes that's just out of the question.

There are a lot of people up north who kill wolves for sport. And that's pretty sad. This dentist apparently also did the same thing to a bear and got a year probation for it. Now he does it to an almost endangered animal. I don't get it. Fuck man lions are the only cool thing about Africa.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There used to be a big sporting goods store in Baton Rouge called Steinberg's. Cool place to go. They had everything you could think of in there. WWII rifles, all kinds of guns, fishing equipment for from between bream and marlin, football, baseball and basketball equipment. You name it, Steinberg's had it. The owner was an avid big game hunter. Went all over the world. There was a stuffed polar bear about 8 feet tall enclosed in glass in the store. The store has been closed for quite a few years but the owner has an office in the Industiplex area where he sells guns wholesale to dealers, law enforcement, ect. The polar bear is the first thing you see when you walk through the door.

I would shoot a polar bear if one was after me but I would never travel to Alaska or Canada or wherever just to kill one. With the ice caps melting they are probably endangered now.

5. LaSalleAve

It's funny you say that, there was a story in The Onion the other day that said the last 1000 polar bears are all hanging on to the last iceberg.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Extradite the stupid sonofabitch to Zimbabwe. No country club prisons there.

HalloweenRun and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  7. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Obviously I have no problem killing and eating animals but to kill just to kill I've always been taught was wrong. Now I can't say I've never shot a coyote or bobcat that was terrorizing our chickens or an armadillo than was digging up my grandmaws yard but to just kill for no reason is beyond me. So this one I don't get. Had this been something like they do with the "rogue" lions or rhinos then yea it's fine. By that I mean when they have an old male rhino that is killing younger rhinos and no longer breeding and they let a rich guy pay em 50 grand to kill it. Helps the local economy and saves the lives of the younger rhinos the one old one is injuring or killing plus the resources that one was consuming without adding to the herd by breeding any more. Same thing happens with lions and elephants. Those situations get blasted online too but they are helpful necessary management practices that some just don't grasp. This however doesn't look to be one of those situations at all. This one just looks like he wanted to kill that lion and paid to make it happen.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yet Liberals see killing unborn babies as no big deal, go figure.

CalcoTiger likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Small dick syndrome.

Tiger in NC and xlnsports like this.
  10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Safari hunters probably do the most to preserve animals and habitat in Africa. They pay huge money to cull a few old trophies and thus the locals have a huge economic incentive to protect these herds and habitat. When they outlawed Safari hunting of Elephants in Kenya the herds were destroyed by ivory poachers.

You really need a tune up if you think that Lion Hunter is the bad guy.