CBS announcers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by homertiger, Nov 8, 2005.

1. clair

clair Rockets

I agree, but I rather see some of the sitcom commercials over some of the ridiculas Gatoraid/Nike commercials that have been out recently, that you would get on ESPN

2. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

Luhnquist and Blackledge have toned down their butt-kissing a wee bit now that David Greene and David Pollack have graduated.

They're still huge butt-kissers, though. The only ones that I find worse are the guys on ESPN's Sunday Night Football crew. THEES-mun makes my skin crawl.

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Verne Lundquist will be for LSU. He was born in Minnesota (a Lot of us great people were), so he would have quietly been for the Goofies when they beat Bama in the Music City Bowl last year.
    Then 'Ol Verne went to college in Texas, so he'll quietly want Bama to go down to defeat this weekend, so Texas can further secure their spot in the BCS.
    But............ You'll know for sure that Verne will be anti-Bama this weekend when you hear him keep on saying over and over, "Touchdown, LSU!!"

I like 'Ol Verne.

4. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

CBS = 4 1/2 hour game.
    I cant stand it.

5. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

Years ago I used to hate Verne. Now I love him! He shows great passion during a game and makes it exciting as hell. Todd is very knowledgeable in my opinion also.

I'm glad it's these two guys calling the game.

6. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

I like Verne, too. It's just sometimes he goes a little too far with his admiration for certain players, coachs, etc.

And trust me, CBS LOOOOOOOOVES it when Bama is doing well. Last summer (after LSU won the NC and Bama went 4-9), the sports portion of CBS's national fall sales presentation included highlights of the Patriots-Panthers Superbowl (which was on CBS) AND 3 SEC highlights that ALL involved Alabama touchdowns.

I inserted LSU highlights before we sent it to our local sales department. :grin:

I was working in Shreveport at the time, so needless to say it was a big hit. :geauxtige

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I listen to Hawthorne and Moreau. Doug knows his stuff. I just put up with Hawthorne (I think he's getting senile) and Hultburg.

8. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Vern and Todd B are better then anyone ABC is putting out there.

Keith Nelly Jackson is a huge PAC 10 homer, especially USC. It gets annoying listening to him call a Big 12 or Big 10 game and all he talks about is Leinhart, Bush, Carroll, etc like he is sleeping with their moms.

9. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

SabanFan, I got hammered and crucified for criticizing Hawthorne this last weekend!
    Just an FYI.......Hawthorne is an 'acquaintance' of mine. He helped a friend of mine with his broadcast career years ago. Jim is a very decent and fine human being. I LIKE Jim! He just isn't getting it done as an announcer.

Jack Hunt! Jack Hunt!

------enuff said------

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

TiVo is a beautiful thing.