CBK has brought a special aura to this team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 12, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

As a fan, it's been amazing to watch this team grow and mature and really come together and I give all the credit to CBK and his staff. To think that less than a year ago, we had just 39 scholarship players and now we sit No. 7 in the country and have a strong chance to win the SEC and earn a spot in the playoffs is borderline miraculous!

On the same note, I think CBK has even changed my perspective of LSU football. Under O and Miles, I was always nervous before each game, wondering if the team was prepared, but that is a thing of the past. We may not win every game, but I'm confident that LSU will be well prepared for the game and won't make any embarrassing mistakes that were commonplace under the last two coaching staffs.

I can't put my finger exactly on what has changed, but it's clear CBK has brought a special aura to this program and I can't wait to see what the future holds. We now go into each game expecting to win and that's the mindset you have to have if you want to win NCs on a consistent basis.

Now, let's go roast some pork!
    Geaux Tigers!

lsu-i-like, TCUTiger, LSUTiga and 4 others like this.
  2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

“I'm confident that LSU will be well prepared for the game and won't make any embarrassing mistakes.”
    Except on special teams!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#grisgris

lsu-i-like and LSUTiga like this.
  4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Ok, I forgot about the special teams, but I have faith CBK will get that corrected in due time!

TCUTiger likes this.
  5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I have grown to really like CBK and his system which the team has bought into. He has empowered the players to hold each other accountable for a lot of the things that other coaches drive from top down. CBK’s press conferences actually have some meat to them. He has generally been far more forth coming about injuries and other issues than either Oeaux or Miles. Lastly, he hasn’t been intransigent in making changes as were his predecessors. Example — The game plan vs. Tenn that had Perkins on the bench. If Miles was in charge, he would have dug in and kept him there rather than to admit it was a mistake. Although Kelley hasn’t verbally admitted that it was a mistake, he is not foolish enough to realize that Perkins needs to be on the field almost all the time.
    My one concern is his somewhat reckless 4th down attempts. Surely, there are times and places on the field where it is necessary and where it can demonstrate to the team that he has faith in them. The 2 midfield attempts which failed early in the game vs Tenn. were not necessary and began the spiral downward. Going on 4th down from our own 24 yr line early in the game vs Ark.? I was actually glad that we got the illigeal procedure penalty that resulting in punting the ball away.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

As Red would say, “The paragraph is your friend.” :D

7. furduknfish

Bonus points for using intransigent.

8. furduknfish

#imissred
    #bossoms

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Geezum! What a tough audience. My last english class was fall 1971 when I was a freshmen @ LSU.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I was just picking