Caution: Atlanta just turned more crime friendly

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by watson1880, Jan 8, 2020.

1. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Most metro areas have this same policy. It’s not really that big of a deal anymore.
    And she’s not wrong at all here

their old policy mirrors almost every policy set in any police GOG/SOP, but now it seems even that’s gone. Can’t blame her. My guess is a politician and a lawyer made this happen

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How are you going to catch the bad guys if you don't chase them?

mctiger and watson1880 like this.
  4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Several ways. 9 times out of 10, you’ve already got everything you need to get a warrant and pick them up later. In terms of violent felonies... that’s where I think you’ve got to do your due diligence, so I can’t say I totally 100% agree with it. But there’s been many pursuits that should never have happened, and some of those that ended in tragedy. I’m not on the chase hype, though. Not for every little thing. Big Brother has taken over with tag readers, helicopters, and other cameras. It’s easier now to catch somebody after the fact than it is to catch them in a car chase.

but you’ve also got to keep in mind that most car chases are because of traffic violations or dumb shit like shoplifting 9V batteries from the dollar store or Walmart. I can’t get behind those.

edit: and most of those get away

Winston1 likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Our little old town of New Bern is right up there in the hug a thug pantheon. I’ve needed police action three times. Our cars were keyed, T-bone with victim fleeing scene, and drunk/homeless guy in 85 year old neighbors shed. Responses were, “get a camera,” “ not our jurisdiction,” “it’s cold, he is doing no harm.” Utterly worthless sacks of shit.

shane0911 likes this.