Cathedral of Notre Dame destroyed

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by GiantDuckFan, Apr 15, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I find it odd that after hundreds of years of maintenance, an electrical fire in 2019. Lol.

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

A Paris judicial official says investigators have questioned about 30 people after the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral.

He said most of them were employees working on the renovation of the monument.

The official, speaking anonymously on an ongoing investigation, said the cathedral's fire alarms sounded twice on Monday evening.

The first time, some people, including a fire official permanently working on the site, went to check under the roof and saw nothing. The second time it was already too late because the fire was too strong, the official said.

He added that 40 to 50 investigators are working on the case but are not allowed to enter the monument yet for safety reasons.

https://www.chron.com/news/world/ar...ench-trees-big-enough-to-rebuild-13770470.php

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/fact-check-notre-dame-fire-conspiracy-theories-debunked-1.4382145

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

None of that is evidence of an accident. It's a presuppostion based on nothing. What does the rudimentary questioning of 30 workers prove? Unless one of them admitted to intentional setting or saw the blaze start, that's a big nothing burger. Fire alarms went off.....and then? Yes, there was a fire. The alarms are not evidence as to the cause. So there are 40 to 50 investigators working on the cause, who haven't been allowed to even enter the edifice but they already KNOW it's an accident? There is NO evidence. If it was an accident, then what started it, specifically?

Other churches have been set on fire in France since January. This was St Sulpice just a month ago...
    [​IMG]

It's the start of the Christian Holy Week. Interesting timing. Just 3 years ago, a cell of radicalized French women guided by Islamic State commanders in Syria were behind a failed terror attack against Notre Dame.

There is ZERO evidence, and probably never will be, of an accident, because any potential evidence was incinerated.

4. GiantDuckFan

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/fact-check-notre-dame-fire-conspiracy-theories-debunked-1.4382145

you just hate all Muslims, I think that's the overriding factor in your and other people's minds,.. there's a lot of jumping to conclusions, assumptions based mostly on religious bigotry.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

astute readers may note i didnt say probably anything

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

when you say all evidence, you mean almost none. they dont know anything yet.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if these folks were religious bigots, wouldnt that be justified? islam is in fact terrible. are there any numbers of murders that can be caused by an ideology that you would believe made it acceptable for us to dislike it?

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

welcome back

again

9. GiantDuckFan

extending that logic,.. should we hate the Catholics because they at least placidly supported Hitler's persecution of the Jews?

I believe religions are the biggest curse the world has ever known

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

True, but I rank them. Muzzies are by far the worst and do not assimilate. I can tolerate the rest because they conform to most societal standards.