catch up post

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Aug 7, 2019.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

fishing has been good. kids been catching a lot of fish. our snapper overlords have let us go get a few. floundering been good. crabbing has been great getting 150-200 every time we run em. crappie fishing been real good. will just let the pics tell the rest.

Attached Files:

kcal, GiantDuckFan and watson1880 like this.
  2. jvalhenson

continued

Attached Files:

GiantDuckFan and watson1880 like this.
  3. jvalhenson

continued

Attached Files:

GiantDuckFan and watson1880 like this.
  4. jvalhenson

continued again. figure that's enough. bout half the pics but I am tired of clicking

Attached Files:

GiantDuckFan, Bengal B and watson1880 like this.
  5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Dang dude. You are definitely keeping the freezer stocked. Your kids are growing up quick - Raising em right!

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. jvalhenson

they sure are. like everyone else's it is happening way faster than ever thought it would.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. KyleK

Looks like you are spending lots of time with them. To me, that is #1.

My gf wants to do some crabbing. Recommendations? I'm thinking anything on the LA side is not gonna be good for awhile with all of the fresh water from the spillway. Looks like y'all are not having a problem though.

8. jvalhenson

best year we have had in a while. A LOT of big fat females too slap full of eggs inside(not sponge crabs) which are my favorite. Plenty big number 1 males too. We have gone back to putting pots out vs running lines so that is all I have done this year. run em about once a week getting around 200 a run like I said. Been baiting them just with the heads from whatever I catch that week. Me and my brother each have 6 pots out so run 12 pots each time all total. We have them set along a channel close to one of the shrimp factories here. Not know your area can't really give any details other than get in an area where crabs are. Shallow water by a deeper channel, near something that is putting lots of food in the water for them, around reefs old pilings etc. They relate to things similar to how fish do so structure can help a lot etc.

r_bear42 likes this.
  9. KyleK

I am thinking of bringing her over to the MS coast. I have pots, but that would be a big hassle for a weekend I think. I was thinking more along the lines of running lines somewhere between Waveland and Bay St Louis, but could go as far as Gulport. I'm just not familiar with the MS Gulf Coast for crabbing purposes. Thanks

10. jvalhenson

i doubt you will have trouble getting them in your area. All that bad from the bonne carre been all over all summer but still plenty fish to catch. yall should be just fine dern near all the bad water came over into the sound from the lake pretty much immediately seemed like. I am sure plenty bad water stayed too but man ours has been terrible mud water all summer just gotta fish through it.