Casual dinner in NOLA

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by pharpe, Aug 22, 2012.

1. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

If he's your cousin than so was my wifes grandmother...his sister....what's her name? Have you ever been to his family reunion? I've always gone.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

My grandfather is Paul Collin Le Bleu. His mom was Mary Clara Prudhome and his dad was "Cachique" LeBleu. His sisters are and Gwendolyn Sue and Genita "Rosita" LeBleu. He goes to the reunions every time they have one.

I get invited most years but have never gone. The invitations are pretty awesome and the food list is incredible.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Has anyone ever been to Martinique on Magazine St.?

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

We're all related to Adam and Eve.......Cheramie (they live down the bayou) ;)

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, some of us are related to Odin and Fríge.

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Yes I've heard my wife and her sister talk about mary prudhomme. Paul used to have a reuninion every year....for a while it was at his camp in Lebeau, the last couple of times it was at the yambalee building in opelousas.

7. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Years ago, before the storm, when I lived Uptown I ate there pretty regularly. Pretty good food, as I recall, but a relatively tiny place. Eating on the patio was always nice.

8. mobius481

Makes sense, we tried to set up a party of 12 and they said the general manager had to get back with us.

9. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Yeah, a party of 12 would tie up a significant portion of their seating I'd imagine. If you're looking for something kinda upscale but not dressy, you'd do worse than Dante's Kitchen in the Riverbend. Owned and operated by Eman Loubier, former executive chef at Commander's. (He was either the chef before or right after Emeril, I think.)

10. mobius481

Okay, may look into that. I haven't been to Jacques imos in a while so we were thinking about that as well. It's a bunch of guys in town for the marathon next week.