Carry on luggage

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Jun 3, 2008.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

If Continental is anything like Delta you can call the Frequent Flier promotions manager and complain and they will throw membership status or miles at you to shut you up. Since you have been flying so long you have got to be a million miler. Delta would probably give you platinum for life just to have you switch over.

2. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::hihi::lol::hihi:

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I complained to several people, but all I got was corporate gibberish.

I might look into switching to Delta or Northwest. I hate Delta's Regional Jets, though. They are not nearly As comfortable as the Embraers. Also, Continental has a lot more flights daily to Houston. I don't have a big problem with Northwest except they fly props from LFT to Memphis and that's like riding in an army jeep.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I feel for todays road warriors. Thank goodness I'm at a point in my career where I don't have to travel unless I want to. :wave:

When I was a road warrior I was an elite on several airlines and hotel chains, was lucky enough to ride up front probably 90% of the time on domestic flights, and when I had to travel overseas, which was often, the company sprung for business class.

Even though I have had to travel far less the past three years, each trip was a royal pain in the you know where. Full flights, long security lines, missed connection, non existent customer service, I could go on and on and on.

Safe travels to all you road warriors.

5. SabanFan

I love traveling. I hate airports.

1 person likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Better than on 40-year-old Northwest DC-9's, the oldest aircraft in the commercial fleet, everyone else retired them in the early 90's. This merger with Delta will end up with the old DC's being retired I surely hope.

The damn things are ancient and they look it. I hate flying on one of them.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You should try riding on a C-130. They are one of the militarys most reliable aircraft but oh what a ride it is. Drops of what feel like 50ft of altitude will make your stomach come out of your nose. Real fun after it happens and you realize you aren't really going to die, but during, it will peg the pucker factor needle.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Been there, done it. That and approaches into Shemya AFB helped turn me into a white knuckler flyer. :eek:

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What a rush! Right? Better than any roller coaster in the land!

10. SabanFan

I've ridden in C-130's several times and it's a head banger for sure. Nothing less comfortable than those parachute seats on a 3 hour flight. And forget looking out the window or noise insulation.