Can't root for ND No Way No How!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Nov 25, 2012.

1. BayouIrish

BayouIrish Founding Member

The one thing that I've never been able to come to grips with is the level of hatred many (if not most) LSU fans have for Notre Dame.
    I've heard the stories about the 1969 Cotton Bowl, but even I'm not old enought to remember that, and I've been called "old" by more people than I care to name. On the other hand, the love/hate associated with teams is one of the factors that makes me a NCAA football fan.

As far as pulling for one team or the other, I pull for LSU and Notre Dame, unless they play each other or one's outcome benefits the other's, in which case I pull for the Irish. I've never rooted for another team in any other game. I love to watch college football, and just enjoy any game not involving LSU or Notre Dame.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Hey I don't really care who other pull for (or against) I was giving my reasons. I have hated ND since well before 1969. Mostly it is because the way they are treated as special by the media. As I said any glimmer of life in South Bend is treated as the second coming.....BTW I really dislike the way it is wrapped in the patina of religon. It is as if you either cheer for ND or go to hell.
    I understand many are fixated on what happened last year when Nick went to his knees to get a second shot and I understand and honor that. However over a longer term ND is more likely to hurt LSU's standing that nicky's thugs.

Finally I remember well before 1969 and many call me young. I feel like a kid. If you are called old look at yourself in the mirror and act young!

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Just like when Bama and auburn meet each year, I'm pulling for a Taliban strike.

stevescookin, Zackardo and Winston1 like this.
  4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Fuck the gumps and the lame... how was that '06 Sugar?

5. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Well Bayou, let me put it to you this way. Suppose the BCS committee decided that your Irish stand no chance in a BCSCG against the SEC champion and replaced ND with Oregon and the Ducks lay a turd in Miami. What would your feelings be toward Oregon, the BCS and possibly the SEC champ? In 1969 LSU passed on lessor bowls in hopes of a Cotton Bowl berth against #1 Texas. Granted LSU wasn't going to be declared #1 if they would have won, but they would have had a game against the regular season champions. Then Notre Dame decided they would accept a bowl bid after several years of not competing in the post season. This left a team with a better record 9-1, sitting at home on New Years Day and Notre Dame lost to Texas. A Texas team that many including myself thought could have been beaten by LSU.

All you young LSU fans feel no need to hold this against Notre Dame, but you should at least understand why and respect the hatred some of us have toward them. When I see a so called LSU fan declare alliance to Notre Dame as well, I see a fair weathered bandwagoner that needs to shit or get of the pot. I'd personally would rather have you side with the enemy, since I don't want any weak minded fence sitting LSU among the faithful. That goes for all of you that feel the need to utter that Gump mantra too. I am all about LSU and everyone one should be as well.

stevescookin, Winston1 and GregLSU like this.
  6. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

I will hold my nose and root for ND...
    1) I hate Bama and their arrogant fan base
    2) I want Saban to have the legacy of breaking the SEC's streak of National Championships.
    3) I now officially want UGA TO GO ALL THE WAY!

StaceyO likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Take it as a compliment- seriously. There's a reason no LSU fans hate Kentucky, San Jose St, and Akron.

When you know it's bad is, for example, a program like Vanderbilt. LSU fans have a lot of respect and admiration for. That translates to not being good a shyt. At least Kentucky has basketball.

8. col reb

col reb Founding Member

In a way, this benefits LSU. Only an SEC team beats another SEC team. OM has less talent than most SEC teams. A lot less depth. Yet, they could have, would have, should have beat LSU, TA&M, and Vandy. Just SEC heart.

stevescookin likes this.
  9. BayouIrish

BayouIrish Founding Member

I'm not sure I would call myself a young LSU fan, but thanks.

If the above scenario would happen (BCS replaces ND), I'd go about life the same as if they are picked to play in the BCSCG. I'd wake up early the next Monday morning, make another quick duck hunt in paradise, then go into work. I'm sorry, but who plays in what game, or the results of any college football game have zero bearing on my daily life.

10. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I, too, pull for the SEC. I can't wait for ND to encounter an actual defense! An SEC defense, to boot. I want those Ladies to get gobsmacked into eternity. ND can take their statues, their Jesuits and their university and stick them where the sun don't shine.

REAUXLL SEC!