Can't root for ND No Way No How!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Nov 25, 2012.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Assuming you are an LSU fan (you're a fairly new member and this may the first post of yours I've seen) how is Alabama a lesser evil than Notre Dame?

I need this explained, and the question is open to all; given LSU's experiences with both schools, why so much venom against Notre Dame? I'd have trouble cheering for Alabama against a team from the USSR.

2. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

The problem I have with Notre Dame all started in 1969 when a 9-1 LSU team didn't get a bowl bid because the Irish decided they wanted to break their tradition of refusing bowl bids at the last minute. The way the BCS system allows Notre Dame as an independent to have as much clout as an entire conference is why I can't forgive them.
    As much as I hate ND there is no way I'll lower myself to become a Bama nut hugging, SEC chanting douchebag. Save that bullshit for the bottom dwellers of the conference. If Georgia happens to beat the Gumps, I would pull for them not because of any reason than I happen to like Richt.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I understand your question MC and while on some levels it is a difficult choice I have a hatered of ND that transends all else. The gumps are year in and year out rivals and I can be satisfied that we beat them as much or more than they do us. Face it they are damn good and as the football team goes worthy opponents.
    ND has had press cheerleaders forever and never has a team been haliographed like they have. Look at this years' team..their supposedly brutal schedule is laughable. The teams that were soooo impressive have been busts this year. Sorry but ND just doesn't deserve to be talked about as they are. They would be at best mid level in the SEC.
    I cannot abide that an inferior team blown up by legend and media would be worth cheering for.

col reb likes this.
  4. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Read Winston1's post and you'll get a good idea. This is the first year in about 15 yrs that ND football has been relevant and to hear the announcers talk about them the way they do makes me sick. Not only that but the simple fact is an Alabama win makes LSU and the SEC look better. Our 2 losses will have been to the NC and if Florida wins their bowl game the #2 team in the country. I pull for whatever is beneficial to LSU at the time. Do I like Bama - no, do I dislike them enough to hurt LSU - no!

col reb, KyleK and stevescookin like this.
  5. mctiger

Good answers, both, but I think (when you talk about media cheerleading) people forget the media blitz that demanded the gumps get a redo on our head-to-head matchup last year. They were the flavor of the year last year; this year it is Notre Dame. The media must always have someone to hype. If its the only undefeated team (not including tOSU, and they've had fun what-if-ing that situation as well), so be it.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

If it's ND vs. Bama, I may even wear a little green queer outfit for that day; however, if it's ND vs. Georgia, I'm a Richt fan. Plus, after the public tongue job he and Kathryn shared after a Kentucky win, I'm thinking she may blow him on the sideline following a National Championship.

7. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

No problem. This is going to be two years in a row with no SEC Championship for the gumps, and they are talking about a dynasty. Really?

UGA, I always did like that dog.

8. mctiger

1969? Many of the TF brethren weren't even born then! Let's talk last year, when 'Bama lobbied its way into a rematch with us after we had clearly settled their hash on the field, and put us in a virtually impossible situation where all momentum and media sentiment belonged to the gumps. You'll overlook that to hold on to a 40 year old grudge?

StaceyO likes this.
  9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Yep !!!! :D

col reb likes this.
  10. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Why don't you take the time to read the first sentence of the second paragraph of my post you quoted. I hope for losses from Bama and Notre Dame in every game they play equally. If they both make it to the CG there is absolutely no chance of a positive outcome for me. I'm to the point of hoping UGA can pull wins in their next two games.