Canes are going nuts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chipeace, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I'm already beginning to see the effects of Father Richt in Coral Gables. Somebody tell Michael Irvin 'the U' now stands for Underachievers.

LSU_4_LIFE and Bengal B like this.
  2. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

I lYes, Miami had target practice on said foot but it doesn’t mean that LSU sucks. In fact, they don’t suck (neither does Miami; yes, even after last night), they’re just good for some inexplicable losses from year to year. I bet you could name another team that fits that same description...

As for the “fact”. The SEC is better than the ACC. Put any team in the SEC West in the Coastal and they go undefeated. Now try that same exercise with Miami in the SEC West. And, Miami is the second best team in the ACCove this one....

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Me personally, I think it's karma for Paul Dee. I hope somebody pissed on his grave today.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Miami IS a good football team they will do well this year. However they would not be a championship caliber team in the SEC.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Hell there's a good chance WE may not be that either.

diamondheadtiger likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nobody will be until the evil dwarf retires.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Why, will the bag man retire too?

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Bullshit. Auburn beat em last yr and Georgia took em to the wire. Clemson the yr before. Every dog has his day.

didit and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Agreed. They have a very athletic defense and some very talented WR’s. Their QB was running for his life all night. They should be fine against the ACC puffs

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    six pack dan likes this.
  10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

True, I’m not sure we will either but I just can’t say that with absolute certainty anymore. Not after what I saw last night. We played so far from perfect and below our potential but still whipped a good teams ass.

More importantly we showed glimpses that whether they want to admit it or not has other SEC teams worried of who LSU can be this year. I stand by my post from a few weeks ago. LSU is a QB away from being a real threat and pain the ass for Bama and company. Admittedly I didn’t think last night was going to be a win. I knew this team was talented but I thought we needed a few games to gel (and we still do). But Last nights win just tells me our raw talent is further along than I originally thought and that our ceiling is so much higher than I originally thought.

O-line has to gel and play as a unit. WR needs to get over the drops. Front 7 needs to be a bit more disciplined with over pursuing and our DB’s need to improve their discipline on biting on PA passes. All very coachsble/fixable issues.

We finally have a QB with a high IQ and athletic ability. He made some great pre and post snap reads and threw some passes I haven’t seen an LSU QB do in a very long time.

Lots of youth and potential that I feel is only going to improve week in and week out. I’m not calling 12-0 or overreacting although it may seem that way, I’m just saying, I watched that game last night like the rest of America did. Wide eyed shaking my head yes even though nobody asked me a question. Turning to my buddies going “ok LSU, I see you”

All I could think was shit.......we “are” comin!