Canada to Ragin Cajuns?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Something very interesting was that Canada ran a successful offense for three years at NC State and Dave Doeren still fired him. At the time, Doeren was 18-20 overall. Seemed a shocking and questionable move at the time.

Since then he has gone 7-6 and then 8-4 respectively. This past season he had his first winning season in ACC play going 6-2 with wins over FSU and Louisville. The losses were to South Carolina in the opener, then on the road at #9 Notre Dame, a 7 point loss at home to #6 Clemson and on the road at Wake Forest. Only the Wake loss is questionable, really.

This follows him going 15-1 at Northern Illinois before taking the Wolfpack job.

Why is that important?

Canada has bounced around quite a bit.

Matt was Doeren's OC and QB coach at Northern Illinois for one year at 2011, but left to go handle both spots at Wisconsin for a year. Then he reunited with Doeren back as OC/QB coach for 3 years at NC State before being fired. He then spent a year at Pitt and when couldn't get a head coaching job at East Carolina jumped to LSU.

I wondered when we hired Matt why he had moved around so much and why Doeren who hired him twice for 4 seasons at two spots would fire him. It should be noted Doeren is a defensive guy.

As long as we get a quality quarterbacks coach and damn good schemer/teacher I have no problem moving on from Canada. The question is does Ed have that guy?

The Hugh Freeze stuff comes up because Ed gave Hugh his first college job as head coach at Ole Miss. I do not think Hugh runs the offense that Ed would want, though.

2. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Whether or not you speak with an accent is solely dependent on where you are standing at the moment.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That’s the joke, buddy!

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

As far as getting rid of Canada goes, I'm against it because instability on offense continues and will be horrible on recruiting...making Saban's job easy.

I think Freeze coming here would be bad and is not in the cards.

I have a feeling Kiffen has been in Orgeron's ear. Not that Kiffen would want to come here as OC, but giving his friend Orgeron a short list of candidates so that he'll have an upper hand in the OC search.

Brian likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't think he is going anywhere

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

I don't think Aranda likes Canada either so it isn't just Ed. Ed can run LSU how he wants. First 6-2 in SEC since 2012 I think and a chance to win 10 in your first year with the WORST red zone offence in the SEC with Guice Williams Chark Gage Moreau Etling(2 INT). He should get reviewed if Arkansas Tennessee, Ole Piss, and Vandy have better red zone production.

7. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Is Justin Rogers still committed to Georgia?

8. stevescookin

I think TCU.

9. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Oh never mind I was thinking of Justin Fields. Justin Rogers from Parkway Baptist is a 5 star? really?

10. stevescookin

They were both named after the last saint admitted to heaven...Saint Justin !!!

BayouBengal014 likes this.