Canada leaving after the bowl game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TheRealist, Dec 27, 2017.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Chark almost always had to adjust on the throw. I can't remember a time Chark was hit in stride. Can't all be danny there, but still. They were no thunder and lightning combo, that is certain.

didit and LSUpride123 like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

WRs (players and coaches) didn’t help Etling, but he also held the ball too long. It’s not all on the OL. All that said, I don’t expect him to do much more than clipboard, maybe scout team. Not sure he’ll ever be a quality backup, but that’s probably his ceiling.

RE Harris, I imagine E wasn’t going to start him. I think they recognized his limitations and the benefit of a QB who may not be an all-star but does what’s needed. That’s one reason I think we may see McMillan, and at this point I support that.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So I had an Air Force buddy of mine ask me about Danny because he is a Pat fan. I gave my critiques.

I’ve never read an NFL scouting report on him, but my weaknesses about him lined up almost to the T.

Didn’t see wide open guys. Happy feet. Problem with the short to intermediate game. Holds on be the ball to long, etc.

But all some of these people only see stats. I look at those stats and see a scared QB. Won’t necessarily “lose” the game, but he sure as fuck didn’t win it.

Best of luck to him. Honestly.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pats fans were lighting up twitter expressing their displeasure with the pick.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don’t think he will ever play a snap at qb unless something happens to Brady and whomever the backup is. Danny is a tough hombre, I still think he would make a better receiver.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Etling probably has less than a 10%, chance to make the team but I'm sure pulling for him. If only to highlight how fucking inept our qb development is.

Brian, lsu-i-like and Pjoe like this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Dude they turned Chris Hogan into a TD machine. Amendola, Edelman, Welker. I mean shit not to mention all of the defenders and O linemen we would have never heard of had they played elsewhere. If that team can do anything it’s develop players.

lsu-i-like, Pjoe and ParadiseiNC like this.
  10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

It would only be salt in the wound for someone to work with Danny and make him a decent NFL QB. He has the smarts but I’m not sure he can make the throws required to succeed. Those windows in that league are really small and they are not there long. That said I’m glad he was a Tiger and wish him success. He certainly has the heart of a Tiger! Good Luck Danny!

Bengal B, ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.