Canada leaving after the bowl game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TheRealist, Dec 27, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Ida been fine w that if the two would get along. I’ve accepted that we’re moving on.

ParadiseiNC and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I was fairly happy with Canada given the QB he had to work not to mention our below average wr corps. And that's being kind. Then Guice pulling a semi fournette.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They weren’t REMOVED. He toned them down for good cause. Danny was peppered every other play and we killed our selves with penalties.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

In my eyes, if the HC feels the offense is not functioning efficiently, it’s up to him to override it rather than continue to let a shit show happen. He is the ultimate leader of the team, it’s his call. If he wants the philosophy to lessen the number of shifts, etc, that’s up to him, too.

This doesn’t even come close to Miles’ 10 years of hamstringing 4 different OCs, handcuffing their gameplans week after week, and meddling in the play calling throughout games, game after game.

You guys who have been frustrated with Oeaux’s hiring from the outset want to find faults. Since he once stated he was going to let his coaches coach, y’all expect him to allow a philosophy that now he realizes he doesn’t want for his team to just continue just b/c he said that was his intent. That statement is subject to some leeway and boundaries based on what he is seeing happening on the field and overall team success/efficiency. He was not satisfied going into the Troy game, thus stepped in as a leader should. Then, he put constraints on motions/shifts for the remainder of the season until he could actually make a change in OC.

I don’t see all of the fuss about that. But, while Oeaux wasn’t my choice for HC, I don’t hate him, and don’t look at everything he does with anticipation of fault. If you’re suspicious and untrusting, then you’re going to question and accuse. It’s human nature.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Frankly he had to fire him IMO. O was/is given a short leash and a short timeframe to prove himself. Dragging on with Canada for another few years would seal his fate. So can this new OC search.

I was thoroughly disappointed in our red zone creativity.

Pjoe and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don’t think Guice phoned it in - I think there’s an off-chance he might stay.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

The real disappointment is hiring someone without properly vetting him much less hiring someone with a direct conflict in philosophy.

Oeaux should have known about Canada's style with one look at his film. And his flaky personality which is a big reason I wasn't excited when hired. What a shitty evaluation and waste of money. And more lack of continuity.

8. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

2011 9-6 LSU! Last time ours beat theirs......I would say it matters!

Also since then LSU has lost 19 games and lost 4 bowl games. The guys with better recruiting have done better than that. We are not relevant, haven’t been since then, and with drop in recruiting ranking we may not be for a while. Compare our ranking to the #1 class most of those years and they have 3 NC, lost one, and are playing for it again all the while only dropping 8 regular season games in 7 yrs.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Recruiting rankings are just some guy's opinion. What counts is how well you develop the guys you do sign.

stevescookin likes this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agree with that fully, but it’s been stated that he may have been getting some pressure from Alleva to hire Canada. Also, him (Oeaux) not being everyone’s optimal choice, I think he wanted to hire the OC of the Year to make a splash. He now realizes the mistake and rather than continue to let it go on, he cut bait.

That’s different than the ongoing complaints and questioning about Oeaux meddling. I personally don’t blame him for wanting to change things up after that MSU debacle the week before Troy.

tirk likes this.