Can Trump be stopped?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

what? he can answer by pleading the 5th to things that are not charges. like you can ask him if he is thirsty and he can take the 5th. then you cant assume he is guilty of being thirsty, thats not a crime. its not a thing where each time invoking the 5th is a new and different charge he is answering about.

the 5th is literally the right to remain silent. every time you are silent is not another charge. if it was you could assume infinite charges for every moment of silence.

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I think he’s saying that it can be inferred as guilt. But, he couldn’t figure out a way to turn that sentence into a conspiracy theory

onceanlsufan likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

he is saying something, but its utter nonsense.

its like if i the cops ask me if i know person X. i say i dont talk, (and i dont. i never talk to cops. they ask me if i know how fast i was going, i say nothing.) and this doesnt mean that knowing person X is a crime. you can invoke the 5th for questions that are not charges. rex is counting his instances of silence as if every one was a response to a conceivable charge he could be guilty of.

given that "anything you say can and will be used against you". the smart man says nothing. even to questions that are on their face innocuous. and this is not just the wise strategy for the guilty but for the innocent. any time anyone is investigating, be silent. always. if you have anything to say, let your attorney do it. dont speak. dont do it. ever.

trump in the past has questioned whether silence implied guilt, but the orange man doesnt know shit.

4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Trump said something trying to make someone else look bad. And it backfired. Sometimes talking shit does that. Now it’s a big hoopla that he was shit talking because words.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Trump certainly implied that he considered taking the faith was something only mobsters and the guilty do in his previous comments. No I don’t think taking the faith implies criminal guilt. However he took it in a civil action which allows for that conclusion.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i know, i literally just said that when i said : " he implied it means guilt"

dont take legal advice from orange man. lesson learned. got it.

that said, his silence in his recent deposition doesnt mean anything. every human that is not a dumbfuck should say exactly zero words to tax investigators.

if you own a business and the tax investigators want to ask you questions, if say a word you are a fucking idiot. tax laws are designed so that literally any business, and i mean 100% could get in trouble.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Civil action? He was questioned by representatives of New York State....

It wasn't his neighbor. It was the New York Attorney General.

The 14th extends the 5th to cover actions by the state...

For a constitutional scholar you seem to be off your game. Or maybe its the TDS flareup again.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

he didnt, and it doesnt. its as if you know nothing about anything.

get off anti-trump twitter, they are lying to you

shane0911 likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He doesn't know anything and the anti Trump Twitter makes him feel good. It feeds his TDS and makes him smile.

10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

"implied" is in the mind of the interpreter. That's the problem with today's world, too many people are "implying" this or that, and none of it is true. The Demoncrats "implied" that Trump pissed on a bed, and was in collusion with Russia, but we all know it was all false.

LSUpride123 likes this.