Can LSU afford to be MERCIFUL & conservative late in games now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by zinc 83, Sep 23, 2006.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

All in favor of running up the score, looking like arrogant d***s, and not getting the 2nd and 3rd stringers any experience, say aye.

Yeah, didn't think so. Me neither.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Hmm.. Last time I checked, 49-7 was an ass-whippin where I come from, and makes a better statement than 10000-0. There's plenty of reasons people hate LSU and I don't think we need to add running up the score to the list. I don't know about conservative. Tulane was lucky to get the TD as a consolation prize and pat on the back. If they're lucky, their QB will wake up before next week, and their LB that Russell leveled on a block as well..

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Exactly. We aren't a Steve Spurrier run up the score type of school. It's about being classy, and if that means we sell out to poll voters, just to get a few more votes, then count us out.

LSU never gets the glory that the USCs of the NCAA get. I would much rather be a legit team that plays how we've played the last century, of dignity and respect, than to turn into a USC or Oklahoma or other powerhouse that runs up the score on pansy teams.

Play the younger guys when possible to avoid injury and to get reps for the future.

4. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

Ya, what you said... If I knew how to give "rep" I would ....

Running up the score is bogus and wouldnt do anything for LSU.... The reason why the USC's of the NCAA get "credit" for such things is because ESPN & company are always looking for a reason to pump them programs. If LSU went out and scored 80 points against Tulane it proves nothing. ESPN would just talk down about the school.

Kinda like something I heard about High School Football some coach somewhere lost his job for running up the score. That's just un-classy. IF your up by 40 call the dogs (Or Tigers in this case :) off.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Guys, doesn't Zinc 83 sound a lot like ramah to you?

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

When you are ahead by 40+ points late in the game the play-callling will always be on the conservative side. But this game as a whole was not played conservatively by any stretch of the imagination.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Yes.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

Guys,
    What is with everyone jumping on the guy for telling his opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you don't agree with it, then oh well. You don't have to be a bunch of a**holes about it. Jeez. You would think that Zinc came on here and talked about your momma's or something. Although I don't agree with what Zinc said, I am not going to bash him for having an opinion. That is what this board is for. To discuss people's opinions and to talk LSU sports. I would expect this kind of behavior on tigerdroppings.com but not here.:mad:

:geauxtige

10. MeauxJeaux

MeauxJeaux Founding Member

Don't you know it's much easier to bash someone and call them names than to come up with a post that explains your opinion of the error of his thinking?