Can’t believe he said this...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CaryLab, Nov 26, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Potential for a ten win season not too shabby. I’ll hold off judgement. Very unimpressed with the team the past few games and offense doesn’t get a pass (though Etling is limited). Hell, the only reason Eaux stepped in vs Troy is because the offense was stinking it up. I think Canada has potential and was maybe limited by our talent, but when ya start making excuses that means we haven’t been killing it. Geniuses kill it, no excuses needed.

didit and Pjoe like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Hope recruiting will turn up aces. Especially in the needs department.

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Let's not jump the gun just yet...

Rouxleaux likes this.
  4. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

If it was a response to a question asked there’s a more eloquent way of responding. You say something to the effect of “Matt Canadas’s done a great job For us this year and we’re excited about what he brings to the Tigers in the future. He’ll be a hot commodity and would make a great head coach but we look forward to having him back as a Tiger”. You don’t say I hope he gets a head coaching gig. WTF is he thinking???

ParadiseiNC, fanatic and Bengal B like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You people are are like a bunch of women on their periods. To be angry that an assistant wants to become a head coach is foolish. The fact that assistants are good enough to be considered for a head coach is a compliment to our program and to us being smart enough hiring him. What should O say? Should he say "that sorry SOB can leave for all I care?". Should he wish him bad luck? Being gracious is the proper way to handle this and O did the right thing. I wasn't wild about this offense anyway. As far as recruits yes some wont come because they wanted to play in that offense but we will get others taylored to a new OC should Canada leave.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I hope Canada is still around at least for next season. Last night he called his best gsme yet and could have been a big part in why Etling played his greatest game ever. We finally saw at least a glimmer of what we have been expecting since the day he was hired.

I don't know who any personal animosity exists between Oeaux and Canada. Sometimes for whatever reason two good men with strong personalities just don't mesh.

fanatic likes this.
  7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

there are ways to answer that question without saying “i hope he leaves”.
    it’s called coach speak.

as far as getting different recruits for a different system, it kinda late in the cycle to just change types of recruits (if system is completely different).

kcal and shane0911 like this.
  8. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

People will find a reason to bitch about anything. The guy brought us a 9 win season could be 10. Chill out

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

It's not too late in the cycle. The razzle dazzle is widow dressing, Saban was right. We still run the ball and throw the ball like eveyone else we just try to confuse with movement. The next OC will appeal to certain recruits who want to come to LSU but may not like Canada's style.

Chill out he hasn't left yet and if he does we will get an OC that will bring certain recruits with him.

10. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

You’re totally
    Missing the point. This is not about an offensive coordinator looking for a head coaching gig, it’s about the way O handled the situation. Until the deal is finalized the head coach should not say we encourage him to look elsewhere and there are a lot of good offensive coordinators out there. That doesn’t exactly make someone feel wanted. He wasn’t gracious at all. Totally opposite in fact.

kcal likes this.