Can’t believe he said this...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CaryLab, Nov 26, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I mean RGIII won the Heisman, undeservingly so but he did.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hurt is a really talented runner who makes lots of things happen with his feet. The Hawaiian kid is supposed to be almost as good a runner and a much better passer. If he doesn't get to play next year look for him to transfer. Maybe to LSU, we can hope.

Brian likes this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Disagree, RG3 carried that team. Thats the def of Heisman worthy for me. Not the case in gumpland.

didit likes this.
  4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

It's a good point. BTW, USC fans by and large are not fans of Tee Martin's coaching and would love to see him gone. Seems he's been a fantastic recruiter, though, and that's how he has made his bones.

Hurts, while a poor passer, was probably as good or slightly below Etling in that area, but his feet made a world of difference. Trade Hurts and Etling this year and we beat Bama and they lose. That's huge in a game featuring such comparably matched teams. LSU's fronts showed up big time the past two years against Alabama which is an exciting point moving forward. Every year under Les since the title game the lines disparity in strength became larger and larger. We close that gap and we can win any game against any team with moderate QB play.

And since Saban has been at Bama we have had the better secondary consistently. That's a large part of why we don't have as much trouble with spread teams as they have in the past.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

It kind of is though. Jalen has success Bama wins, except against Clemson that 1 game.

Plus no one will ever be able to convince me TM7 wasn’t the rightful Heisman that year.

Brian likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

On the first, not when most of their work is done in trenches with power run.

On the last, TM7 singlehandedly turned tide on several games with strips and returns. Problem is he played on defense. But I'm with you.

Brian likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He went from overwhelming front runner to also ran after the Bama debacle. His stock dropped even farther with poor performances vs R Kansas and whatever the team formerly known as the Rebels and Black Bears call themselves now. Not saying it's his fault. He was a victim of the dreaded Fudd disease. I was rooting for him to win it too but honestly, he didn't deserve it after that.

Oh, you said TM7. Since you referenced the recent past I thought you meant LF7.

8. LaSalleAve

Mathieu deserved that award. Smoke a lil weed you get screwed. I bet if Baker Mayfield had been suspended for pot it wouldn’t have done shit to his chances. And don’t give me the integrity of the Heisman award when laptop thief and under the table cash collecter Cam Newton won it.

Winston1 likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The weed stuff came out way after the Heisman voting. It played no part in whether he won or not. But deserve it though he may, they are never going to give the trophy to a pure defensive player who doesn't also catch passes.

furduknfish likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

His suspension with Tharold Simon and Spencer Ware happened mid season though and everyone knew it was pot.

And that’s why that award is a fucking joke. Shit I would have also given the award to Toby Gerhart and it goes to Mark Ingram. Gerhart crushed Ingram in all statistics except getting a ring.

furduknfish and Brian like this.