Can’t believe he said this...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CaryLab, Nov 26, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

To beat the best with this type of offense in college football you have some mean and beastly behemoths on the offensive line, great tight ends that can block, chip, and catch the ball, and a quarterback that has great footwork, can step up in the pocket and go through progressions, and complete passes with consistency. I mean, that's a tall ask when you are competing with who we are competing with on the recruiting trail, and they have to be developed which has been a problem.

didit likes this.
  2. didit

didit Veteran Member

O must be very confident in his recruiting ability, which is what he's known for... i don't think we're too far from that now imo... it's the QB that we've been really waiting on around here and a coach that can develop him...

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Pro style quarterback????
    Step up in the pocket ???
    In Louisiana ??

Pretty sure Drew Brees doesn't have any eligibility left

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. didit

didit Veteran Member

doesn't have to be from Louisiana, just need to get him to come to Louisiana... Brennan isn't from Louisiana and he may work out...

stevescookin likes this.
  5. stevescookin

I posted that tongue in cheek.

didit likes this.
  6. stevescookin

Brennan will be just fine next year. He's a talent. Canada designs his offense around what he's got playing offense. I bet the passing game plan will play to his strengths...and Narcisses as well.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Can't believe O is so stupid to hire Canada for his OC skills then tell him to not do what he does best.

CaryLab likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Brennan's family move out of Louisiana following Katrina.

didit and Brian like this.
  9. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Not a major point at all, but Jimmy Graham was a third round pick of the Saints. His lack of physicality is what keeps him from being the best tight end in football. He plays the game like a wideout, sadly.

Regardless, the receiver spot was a huge problem area for this team. Not having a WR catch a pass in an entire game was startling. Losing guys like Diarse, Quinn, and Tyron made a huge impact. Not to mention Malachi went out early. So I would like to see Canada with another year of getting more out of the receiver position run the offense. I know O was concerned about the young line with so much shifting, but I did not feel that hindered the kids or that we incurred many penalties because of the shifting.

Ultimately, we need to become far better at the intermediate throws. Etling was either a dump off guy or a long ball thrower. If we can get Brennan (should he beat out Narcisse) to hit on 12 to 17 yard passes the offense would be far more difficult to defend and score a lot more. Red zone offense when you can't hit intermediate throws is easy to defend. You play the short passes and the run. There's no deep ball to be concerned with.

10. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Kind of, Myles was born in New Orleans and their relatives are huge in the culinary industry here in New Orleans. The Brennan's run many of the best restaurants in the city here. His family moved to MS so they could be on the water, then the family moved after Katrina from the coast of MS to Florida for a while. Think they lived on a house boat and the dad stayed working back here. So the roots are in Louisiana. Where they moved initially along the coast in Mississippi is about the same drive from New Orleans as Baton Rouge.

Edit: Found the article I had read on it a while back. I had always wondered if he was related to Brennan's here. Anyway! Here's the link for any interested.

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/next-generation-myles-brennan-finding-identity-football-field

Bengal B likes this.