Can’t believe he said this...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CaryLab, Nov 26, 2017.

1. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Correct

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  2. Brian

Brian Founding Member

O went after Tua, the backup QB now at Bama who looks to be a better passer than Hurts and a fantastic runner. The big reason was Kiffin was going to come here had he not gotten a head job. Kiffin had been recruiting Tua for Bama. It was a bad move. You can try that as a recruiter, but being head coach requires more tact than that. It was a bad look.

kcal, Rouxleaux and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

wow!
    almost all of this is simply not historically accurate. it’s like Oliver Stone wrote it.

Lowell was already committed for a while when Brennan dropped. Brennan de-committed because Ed O suddenly started chasing that Hawaiian kid that ended up at Bama (Tua Taglodbejsnnixha). That same week O back tracked on his previous statements on what type of QB he wanted. Early in interim period he said he wanted Pro-Style. Couple weeks later he said had to be dual threat. THAT’S when Brennan de-commited.

Brennan committed when Miles was still here. Les and Cam were the ones pursuing him and landed his commitment.

kcal, Brian, shane0911 and 3 others like this.
  4. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

I hear that OS is working on "On Any Given Saturday, It Never Rains In Tiger Stadium."

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Have you seen the Tua kid play? He is WAY better than Hurts and on another planet, compared to any QB we have seen the last decade. Unless Saban alows the team to pull a train on a cheerleader or something, we will have to contend with this kid in the future.

Brian likes this.
  6. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

When will Canada leave LSU? Who knows? But, as we wait for the LSU bowl game and follow recruiting, this certainly is a hot question for us LSU fans.

Earlier in this tread, the Canada/O tussle was pointed out as well as Canada's history of "throwing elbows" and his desire to be a head coach. It now occurs to me that the "tussle" may turn out to be a good thing for both Canada and O which LSU may benefit from IF they both learn mutual respect for each other and over time work together for the good of LSU. For Canada, learning to work with adversity and keeping his head screwed on would go a long way in making him top notch head coaching material.

MAYBE --- We might just get more years with Canada as OC. Canada's recruitment of QB Justin Rogers may tell us if Mr. Rogers' thinks that Canada will be at LSU for the foreseeable future and if he thinks that O can keep LSU on a true course.

If nothing else, this episode gives me an opportunity to share one of my favorite short stories...

Bengal B, lsu-i-like and GiantDuckFan like this.
  7. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

• Mea Culpa; I was very wrong on recruiting angle. I have been paying mind to people who know nothing about it. I checked the past articles on Brennan today and was surprised.
    • Still say Ed can recruit at any position on the field though

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I hope these millionaires can smooth this shit over. Was Eaux sending Canada a message or does he really dislike Canada’s offense? It hasn’t been perfect, but it really seems limited personnel comes into play.

I do find it hard to believe Etling and receivers can’t do a better job midrange, which might annoy Eaux, but I imagine you need some punctuality on passes and crisp route running for midrange to work.

Also, Eaux did hire the guy, along with our WR coach. If they aren’t getting it the CEO done fucked up year one.

didit likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

stevescookin likes this.
  10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think Canada did well considering all the injuries on the OL.

It's also his first year. I hope he stays. Too early to really judge him even though we sucked in the red zone and had a mediocre SEC offense.

ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.