Cam Newton is going pro......again.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Word on the street is that Cecil is asking for a $300,000 signing bonus this time around.

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Gotta get out of town while he can.

4. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

They needed to free up money to pay the assistant coaches?

5. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

I heard it was actually 300,000 to resign with AU and come back next year. apparently cecil is worried about a pay cut at the next level.

1 person likes this.
  6. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Another Vince Young in the league, this time with a broke dad to take along for the ride.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Just a small adjustment for inflation and cost of living increase

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Damn, he must be projected pretty high, because if he doesn't go high, I hope he is willing to take a paycut.

9. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

He's projected in the top 5 for QB's. Ranked around #3 pending workouts. It's him, Gabbert, Mallet, Dalton, and Locker. I think their initial ranking have it: Gabbert, Mallet, Newton, Locker, Dalton. All expected to be gone in first round or at least by mid-second. I think the top 3, however they shake out, will be gone by mid-first round.

Still might be the first time in a while a QB doesn't go in the top 5, with the Cardinals expected to make a run at Kolb, McNabb, or Vince Young. Top 5 projected by most to be some combination of DaQuan Bowers, Nick Fairley, Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, and Robert Quinn. 1st round expected to be heavily dominated by defensive players.

First time in years there isn't a can't miss left tackle prospect expected to go top 5. That actually bodes well for Barksdale. There's not a Joe Thomas or Jake Long to make him look mediocre. All of them look above average to mediocre right now. And several mocks I've seen have Barksdale going around the 3rd or 4th round and always to Baltimore. For the uninitiated, one of the most critically acclaimed cable shows of all time was the The Wire on HBO. The central character in the show was a drug dealer named Avon Barksdale, which is a real name of a former kingpin in the Baltimore drug scene. Even if Joseph doesn't pan out in the league, he'll be a sales magnet just because of his last name being on a Ravens jersey. They will draft him for jersey sales if nothing else. Hell I loved that show. I want one.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Can't wait to watch this train wreck. You just have to wonder which team is going to throw all that money down the crapper.