CAM NEWTON / AUBURN PFP INVESTIGATION THREAD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 9, 2010.

1. cam02$$bags

cam02$$bags Veteran Member

Heisman is a sham.

You would think my voters would have learned from the U$C incident.

Does the heisman become more irrelevant in the next 5 years as a result of this investigation?

1 person likes this.
  2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I never saw what made it relevant in the first place. Just another popularity contest.

Yawn.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

This was the first Heisman show that I couldve watched and decided not to watch

btw...cruising through the headlines after doing the family thing all day and WM getting the UF job appears to be a bigger headline than the Heisman trophy winner.

oh, Im still not sure who won the trophy??

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I think if I were Cam Newton and had ample time to write an acceptance speech, I could find a way to not include the line, "and to my parents, who do a lot of work behind the scenes that goes unnoticed..."

say what?

1 person likes this.
  5. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

I noticed that too. I couldn't believe he said it, but I can only assume he was just nervous.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Just get a TV?? :huh:

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

yep. that was definitely a "say what?" line.

one could almost say it was another way of saying "i got away with it. nyah, nyah, suckers!"

8. Joe Zorn

Joe Zorn Regsitered Tiger Fan

And now, sadly, he has the Heisman Trophy.

"Heisman Trust Mission Statement

The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity."

The voters are largely media writers and broadcasters. Once again, they bend the rules to match thier needs.

The word "Integrity" in the mission statement is only a minor flaw that probably should be taken out.

I've always backed the SEC team in the National Championship game. Not this year. Auburn University, even IF they were not involved in the money scheme, still supported the action by continuing to play him once it was proven that Cecil Newton demanded a large sum of money for his son's play.

"The kid does not deserved to be punished for action of his father?" Really? Then where is the line drawn? With this new standard set, is it okay to just pubically market a family member's abilities in college football, as long as the kid does not participate? Just send the money to his grandma. He can claim he never knew it was happening.

Cam Newton probably is the best college football player today. But proven campus events at Florida, and now the Cecil Newton event prove that Cam's integrity is suspect, and he learned it from his family.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Integrity my arse. I guess the countdown until all awards are stripped from SCam is officially on.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The rev newton man of God my arse.