CAM NEWTON / AUBURN PFP INVESTIGATION THREAD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The song is Prison Sex.

1 person likes this.
  2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

You write it? :eek:

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I'd be real suspicious of that whole "pay for play" story that was posted. While it could be true it also could be a great piece of fiction. NONE of what was written in that piece has even been hinted at in the media in relation to Newton.

Also Cam's quote was "the money was too much" when talking about why he chose not to go to Miss St. It could be taken that the fact his father was asking for money from State was too much so he had to sign at another school to avoid improprieties. That is why the statement is so intriguing. It could mean two different things depending on the way it is interpreted.

4. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Come on, man - that's a real stretch. Do you really believe that?

5. LSUgris-gris

LSUgris-gris Founding Member

Everybody is rehashing the same old things and I understand the need to discuss the technicalities. However, I am becoming disillusioned with the system, the process, the NCAA, the SEC and college football. If college football is this crooked and most of the players get some under the table benefit then it is like professional wrestling. My family (we have 8 degrees from LSU) and I love LSU sports but, if this corruption is true, we should just support the University and back off on the sports. I don't want to spend money for season tickets, tailgating and gear if it is all a sham. Cam Newton and his family are scumbags and I hope no one votes for him for the Heisman but they are exposing the rotten side of college football.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

It can't mean the later, that would indicate he had knowledge of the pay for play scheme, which is lack of knowing anything about it is the premise for why he was reinstated.

7. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

WELL SAID!!

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

me 2

9. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

I agree with this guy:

Mike Dowty

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know, I must admit, when the cameras showed Cam's mom in the stands it made me sick a little.

You mean to tell me, Cecil Newton did this all on his own, and no one except John Bond, Kenny Rogers, Bill Bell, and Cecil Newton knew about it?

So lets say boosters at Mississippi State would have said, sure we will pay you that money Cecil. Would Cecil Newton have just walked on over to his son and said, "Cam you are going to Mississippi State, and that's the last I want to hear about it."

The whole family knew, and anyone who says anything different is naive.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

And I am also supposed to believe that the Newton family just decided, "well, maybe we shouldn't have asked for $ from Mississippi State, it was wrong, just go to Auburn for free, we made a mistake." Yeah right.

Is Cam Newton the best player in college football? Without a doubt. That doesn't mean he isn't a piece of crap though. The sickening thing in all of this is how the media keeps portraying him as this hero. There are tons of kids who watch college football, and CBS, and ESPN, the NCAA and the SEC are turning this kid into something that kids look up to, yet NO CHILD, should ever look up to a scumbag like Cam Newton.

1 person likes this.