CAM NEWTON / AUBURN PFP INVESTIGATION THREAD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 9, 2010.

1. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

so the ncaa said that newton violated the rules and then immediately reinstated him? Absolutely ridiculous

Latest News - NCAA.org

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

So, according to what loco just posted the NCAA and the SEC found a loophole in the current legislation and applied it. Nice!!!!!! Way to go.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

soooo, set precedence then create new legislation. HOLY EFFIN SHIZZNIT!!

All this with regards to the most powerful conference in college sports, a Heisman winner, and a potential National Champion.

You cant make this up in the movies!!

All I can say is that IF this precedence is set....they better change legislation or college sports as we know it will cease to exist.

1 person likes this.
  4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Pretty much.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

my take....

the sec wants the money from au being in a bcs game, or if at all possible, the bcsncg. slive will take it without lube, and find every loophole for noot, if it means $$$ for the conference.

the ncaa doesnt want any more questions about whether or not school a or b should be in the ncg. there is so much controversy already surrounding the bcs, they dont want more that would jeopardize their system and ability to bring in $$$.

daddy cecil isnt the only money grubber in this whole sordid story.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

A couple of things:

1. Aren't the bowl games NOT under the jurisdiction of the NCAA? Isn't there some sort of seperation there unlike conference championship games? I think I remember something like this when the issue of all the schools that use "indian" names came up a few years ago. I'm sure I'm crazy and probably drink too much but I could swear I heard something like that.

2. Aub had to rule him "inelligiable" to follow protocol and then request that fig be "reinstated" it was a CYA move and they knew what the answer would be before they did it. The NCAA doesn't have enough to make him sit....."YET"

3. It doesn't really matter because the OBC is going to beat their ass in the SECCG anyway. I'm taking the cocks and the points and I just may bet it BIG!

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

This is disturbing.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I know it sure is VERY disturbing...why would Shane want to take cocks all of a sudden?

Shane, don't do it buddy !! The wife...the kids !! :yelwink2:

:rofl:

1 person likes this.
  9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Wow, USC should be pissed.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Yep, and if there is a possibility of doing it, I would expect an appeal out of them, and rightly so. The only difference is in USC's case someone rolled over on Bush and made it known that he knew. Unless someone does the same in this case, roll over on Cam/AU they are going to sweep it under the rug. As Okie points out, it's all about the money.What makes it quite obvious to me is Slive's comments all but say, yep we found a loophole and because we stand to lose too much money we are going to choose to exploit it in this instance, but hey we're behind putting together new legislation to make sure noone else gets to do this. We're the SEC so it's ok this one time.