California is SO bad that

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

It’s such a weird time to be alive

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

i was stationed in Fresno California for about 4 years. the central valley has more in common with the pan handle of Texas than the rest of the state of California

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Bayou Tiger likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There is a place in north CA that has been trying to separate for a long time, it’s eirher Jackson or Jefferson or something like that.

I thought Cali was awesome but I got to leave.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

California is a microcosm of what can happen to a whole country if liberals get control. No doubt in my mind.

watson1880 likes this.
  7. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Yep.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Jefferson. Saw a feature about that on the History Channel. Movement was at it height in the 30's and may have actually happened back then had the war not broken out. Still a few diehards up there trying to keep the idea alive.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Can't understand why....

"The estimated cost for the first phase of California's bullet train climbed by 35 percent on Tuesday to $10.6 billion, the latest increase for the ambitious project to run a high-speed rail line from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

The $2.8 billion price hike for a 119-mile (191-kilometer) segment in the Central Valley puts the entire cost of the project at roughly $67 billion, although officials said they hope to recover the newly announced costs later. It was projected to cost $40 billion in 2008 when voters approved bond financing.

"I want the public to count on us to tell the truth, whether it's good, bad or ugly," said Dan Richard, chair of the California High Speed Rail Authority's board. "We're going to do every single thing in our power to drive these costs down."

Some of the fresh costs stem from trouble acquiring the rights of way for the track in the Central Valley. The authority entered into construction contracts before fully securing rights of way in all areas, a decision officials said they wouldn't make again. The decision to enter into contracts quickly was partly due to the need to spend $2.5 billion in federal stimulus money by last fall."

Taxpayers agree to this sham with a $40B cost which is now $67B and we're still on phase one. Of course the increase is because we borrowed money from the feds which we HAD to spend quickly, so we didn't bother to get the accurate contracts for access through, wait for it......the Central Valley. Lol. SO many people going between Bakersfield and Merced....NOT. But don't worry they tell us, we'll make up the cost at some point. Fuckers
    http://abc7.com/travel/cost-climbs-by-$28-billion-for-california-bullet-train/2955165/

watson1880 likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Aren't they going to build Elon Musk's high speed hyperloop? 30 minutes between LA and Frisco.