Cal being DESTROYED!

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by PURPLE TIGER, Sep 26, 2009.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

#6 Cal is losing 32-3 to Oregon.

So much for them being #1 in the Pac-1.

Geaux Washington!

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I am very much enjoying this :lol:

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Tedford blows.

Huge chunks, at that.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

is it being televised?
    what channel?

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Says ABC is telecasting it.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i got Miami/Va tech on ABC

so instead, i'm re-watching the 2nd half of our game
    somebody pass me a drink

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Miami/Vtech a blow out as well.

ABC is picking them this weekend.

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

10 minutes left to go in the "game"

So far...

Total yards
    Ore -- 500
    Cal -- 165

Cal's superstar RB J. Best is being held to 3.4 YPC, 55 yards.

Cal's QB is 11 of 27 (41%)

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Top 6 Team getting beat down like little girls.

Lol... I was in a conversation the other day where we were talking about how great Cal's RB is... and somebody said he'll be a bust just like Reggie Bush, and I pointed out that Bush played for a team of all-stars, while Cal's RB is the only great player on his team. And all these Cal fans showed up saying "only great player on our team????," etc... and I diverted it by praised Cal for how great of an academic institution they are, up there with MIT and Harvard (which I sincerely believe). So that shut them up, but not as much as this...

Ore 42
    Cal 3

Wow. What an absolutely humiliating butt-whipping. A lot of people were running their mouths about how Cal was going to win the Pac-10 this year. 42-3? Really? Wow. What a huge failure.

Final Total Yard Stats:
    Ore Ducks -- 524
    Cal Bears -- 207

Cal's megastar RB finished with only 55 yards on 16 carries (3.4 YPC), zero TDs.
    Cal's QB was 12 of 31 (39%), 4.0 yards/attempt, zero TDs.

As for Oregon, their QB Masoli stepped up big time. He was considered a Top 15 QB entering this season and then fell on his face until today... where he finished 21 of 25, (84%), 253 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Ints. Hero.

The other big hero for Oregon is the TE, Ed Dickson, who has been consistently considered a Top 10 TE (even better than our great Richard Dickson). Today, he was #1 for Oregon with 11 receptions for 148 yards (13.5 avg), 3 TDs.

[​IMG]
    QB Jeremiah Masoli

[​IMG]
    TE Ed Dickson

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I don't think so. I think Tedford's a good coach and that he has over-achieved at Cal. He's led them to six consecutive bowl games, and he won 5 of them.

But yeah, it is funny to read stuff like this from delusional Cal fans:

Dear Coach Tedford,

During your tenure Cal alumni have increased their donations and support of the University and its sports programs more than ever. Your impact and success with the football progam have been integral to this reinvigorated fan base. The university has shown its appreciation by extending you a lucrative contract extension and battled through fundraising hurdles and nuisance lawsuits to deliver upon your wish to have a world-class athletic facility and stadium.

Cal athletics is not a professional organization nor is it a private company. Therefore, requesting a refund for a failure to deliver results is not appropriate. However, as the lead figure in Cal sports reputation I believe that you have a "spiritual" debt to the many longtime loyal Cal fans. By not acknowledging that there are issues with the football program you are extracting a moral, and possibly, even a physical toll on your supporters.

I believe that you should reap the rewards of all your efforts and success, but that you should also take the responsibility for the team's failures. I say that with the utmost respect.

Sincerely,
    Concerned Cal Fan

Letter to Coach Tedford - California Golden Bears - Bear Insider Forums- ESPN Affiliate