Cafe Gentilly

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by KyleK, Jan 12, 2013.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Party tonight !!!!

If anyone can make it, we're having a party at the cafe tonight (5325 Franklin Ave. at the corner of Franklin and Filmore) to reunite the lost tribes of Gentilly which have been wandering in the desert for 7 years post Katrina.

All tribesmen (and tribeswomen) of the Krewe of Mystic Orphans and Misfits, the Krewe of Cosmic Debris, the Krewe of Dreux and the Pair-a-Dice Tumblers, as well as any nomads who ever fell off a barstool at either Luigi's or the Bacchus lounge...are commanded to attend by order of King Quasimodo and Queen Inertia.

2. stevescookin

The Shrine Circus is playing down the street at the lakefront arena......and this lady came in for a soft shelled crab po boy.

She is the tiger trainer !!!!!! :cool:

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Holy shit. Is this true? I didn't realize it if so.

Sucks.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

He is a FA, but surely they'll find a way to keep him, right? Maybe Drew will pull a 'Tom Brady' and restructure to help the team re-sign his favorite target.

5. leroy7500

leroy7500 Founding Member

Hey Steve, you should make a killing coming up with Jazz Fest. You got the right location for it!!
    Can you make any money from Parking?

6. stevescookin

I'm a little far away....I'm closer to the lakefront. Jazz fest is a couple of miles away and there's no shortage of parking by me.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Stopped by Steve's Gentilly Cafe today and met Steve. Really enjoyed talking to another refugee survivor from LSU of the 70's. Also had a great roast beef po boy with fries. Check it out in NOLA

8. stevescookin

It was a pleasure to meet Winston....it turns out that he was a customer of mine at the old Abita Springs Cafe, but I didn't recognize him.

However,

Right after he left, Elliott Porter and his girlfriend came in because he was off from practice and his grandmother lives in the neighborhood. He said he'd be back too.

We didn't talk much football, but he said that Cam was going to be a good OC....he said Cam was a "cool guy".

He also said he didn't really like being in Kentucky, when I asked him why he returned to LSU. I think he missed home.